Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
takeover bid?

It was mentioned on another thread about an expected takeover bid at EF. It has already happened and the bidder is increasing his stake in the club. At the last count (if the Rankine/Twigg/ Collumbine theories true}. Rankine has now around 58000 shares ie about 40% of our club and suspect he may have other proxies.

Maybe a son's fan could let us know his legitimate stake in Dumbarton but I just wonder why he is buying into our club underhandedly even though the shares were bought at a large discount when he has enough problems at sons. I know it has been asked before.

So. So what. before anyone asks. It is that as was said on another thread nothing really has changed at the club except we have got rid of a nasty smell and also a fishy one. But there are still some kippers around if you ask me. Alright so no one's asking me.

Also just a small point on our now silent BB. I am disappointed in his first annual return as secretary of our club. It seems that it has been done in quite a rush and is... well disappointedly not up to the standard I would expect.

Alright who cares what I think! But someone might take notice of what is happening at the admin and financial side of the club.