Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ocean Colour Scene

Anybody hear that the mighty ocean colour scene are returning to glenrothes?!

wow!

Re: Ocean Colour Scene

Haven't heard anything, but I'll be after tickets if they are. Saw them at the Playhouse a few years back and would love to see tham again. Great concert, without any special effects/light show etc. The band just didn't need them!

Lee

Other tickets arrived this morning so will bring both lots with me tomorrow

Bring the dosh!

Not going to be able to make it at the moment. im really uptight for money. was meant to get 90 quid from college but due to some cock up not getting it now!- but will have the money by the end of next week.. is that okay?

Nope!

Will have to flog them to someone else

not funny mike im afraid. i would die if you did that. if you pop into the house on the way back from the footie i'll give you the money then

OCS tickets now on sale for sunday 22nd april.
i just bagged a couple online.

I can't believe it's only ever the truly dire Billy Ocean Clour Scene who play gigs in Fife.

I know it's depressing.

The Rothes Halls is a good venue, but all they seem to want to do is to put on tribute acts.

Mind you, when they do put on an act like the Delgados it was embarrassing at how they set up the smaller hall.

And to think we'd have had the Stone Roses there if they hadn't split up. They were booked to open a tour there.

Just announced ex ROCK GOD....now Traveling minstrel...however still the best guitarist in the world ...RITCHIE BLACKMORE is playing the Rothes Halls on 10th June with.

http://www.moreblackthanpurple.co.uk/

Worth the enterance money to see his stunning wife :

http://candicenight.com/images.htm

Yes, GoF, obviously Billy Ocean Colour Scene carry some weight with some of you so it's not as if the Rothes Halls can't attract bands with a bit of stature.

Today, most bands have websites and at least, MyArse sites so they can do their own publicity for gigs. I don't think it'd be a big risk for the Rothes Halls to be more adventurous.

"And to think we'd have had the Stone Roses there if they hadn't split up. They were booked to open a tour there."

They did have Ian Brown which considering he had played to 15000 fans at MEN Arena not long before it was quite a coup.

Carnegie Hall gets the likes of Barbara Dickson and Peter Tork! I forgot OCS played there a few years ago too.

Saw OCS there a few years ago, and stereophonics a few years before that.

Veggie even dragged me there to see Toyah Wilcox before she died.

Toyah's no deid.

Saw Toyah a couple of years ago at the Sunderland Stadium of Light where she sang a selection of her hits pre-match at a Sunderland v Newcastle game. I can confirm she wasn't dead at the time.

Still alive as she's just finished panto with Chico(-time)

Its just the music career that's deed

Toyah - deid? Itth a mythtewee!!

who had top billing in the panto - chico or toyah?!?!?