Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fife's season ahead

Now that the fuss about the match is dying like the wind, where do we stand in the league?

With no game played we have now dropped to third with a game in hand. In the next week or two I expect us to drop to fifth and by the end of the season we will stuggle to end up 7th or even 8th.

Why do I say this as I am usually so optimistic? Well our form has fallen away in that we cannot even hold a 3 goal lead when we were coasting against Montrose. Then against QP and Berwick even though we were the better team we again slipped up For some reason the Fife voodoo has hit us again and some years we can recover but this year I see no signs of it. So we will have to be resigned to another year in the third even after such a good start.

I know I will get slated for such a defeatist attitude and let's hope I am wrong. Why we are in this position I wish I could pinpoint. The only thing I can say Is that the buck stops with the manager as he should be able to identify the problem and take steps to sort it out.

As for the large bet mentioned recently someone has lost a lot if true.

Re: Fife's season ahead

Nah you're right Doomerchant. No doubt the blind optimists will bury their heads in the sand as usual, but the evidence is there for all to see. We will be lucky to make the top 5. The side has no confidence, players are not playing to the best of their ability, we have a tactically inept manager whose level is the Juniors and othet teams know exactly how we will play in every game. Let's face it we're fucked and I don't think I could stand another year in the cesspit of Scottish fitba.

Have a nice evening folks and I'm off to get drunk...

so much shit getting talked, we will finnish 1st who cares we hit a blip half way through the season, the great teams DO, with the new signings and looking at the QP game we will go on and secure the title so come on fife get behind the team for a change as it will benifit us in the long run, FIFE derbys next year come on

Great teams ceratinly do MMM. Small problem though, we are not a great team.

...and we never will with attitudes like that. Do you think that's gonnae motivate any player reading this thread? NO. Come on The Fife. We are still in with a shout. Lets not see the heads go down when we still have a chance.

BP
"No doubt the blind optimists will bury their heads in the sand "

If they're blind why would they need to bury their head?

Eugene. You are awful! But I like you.

Eugene - perhaps to bury their ears too