Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
It's a miserable day - good time for a quiz!

I've uploaded ten photos of Scottish Junior grandstands to:

www.putfile.com/dyker

There's a clue included with each picture. See if you can identify the Junior clubs in question.

(Even you'll struggle with these Mike Gill!)

Re: It's a miserable day - good time for a quiz!

Pretty confident that number 2 is Irvine Meadow......think that gives me an early lead in this quiz!!!

Could be wrong of course!

1 Largs Thistle
2 Irvine Meadow
5 Stoneywood
7 Linlithgow Rose
10 Bo'ness Utd.

Working on the rest

Selkirk Fifer - correct, although I have to say that the club's name appears on the side wall of the stand.
Dyker Grove - all correct so far. I'm surprised FC Stoneywood was one of the ones you got, though - I thought that would have been the hardest!

1 Largs Thistle
2 Irvine Meadow
3 Ballingry Rovers
4 ??????????????
5 FC Stoneywood
6 Sauchie
7 Linlithgow Rose
8 Hermes
9 Kelty Hearts
10 Bo'ness United

No.4 Ardrossan Winton Rovers??

4 Auchinleck Talbot ??

No.8 is Linkdfield Stadium, played there in a Sunday League Cup Final 25 yrs ago

'Cowdenbeath' came closest. Sorry, no prize though!The answers are:

1 Largs Thistle
2 Irvine Meadow
3 Ballingry Rovers
4 Ardrossan Winton Rovers
5 FC Stoneywood
6 Sauchie
7 Linlithgow Rose
8 Lewis United
9 Kelty Hearts
10 Bo'ness United

A similarly 'sad anorak' quiz will appear next time I've *!$* all to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon!

Jim

At least give me time to answer!!

But yes you have all 10 correct!!

Was at Bo'ness week past Saturday on my 1st Superleague Game. 9 goals & Great game to be involved in!!

The Linlithgow stand is pretty impressive. Something like that opposite our main stand would make a big difference to the way Bayview looks and would add a lot to the atmosphere.

Mike - are you saying you would have got the Stoneywood and Lewis Utd grounds as well?
Right - the next junior grounds quiz will be uploaded this coming weekend, and I'll not give out the answers until YOU'VE had a go!!

Oh, forgot to say Mike - I was bound to get all 10 correct as I took all ten photos!!