Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rovers on the telly

You better all get your video's set up for Friday evening at 11.05pm to watch our historic and memorable Coca Cola Cup win over the Hoops in the BBC football documentary series "that was the team that was".

Yes, when we win a trophy its not a "Mickey Mouse" team like Kilmarnock in the final.

And why are you lot not in this program if your history is so good?

Oh forgot, there is no footage given that it is so long ago!!!!!

Re: Rovers on the telly

Got told this by my mate about an hour ago and thought it was a wind up, now i guess its true. What a waste of TV time, i hope the programme highlights the fact that this is the only thing Rovers have done in their long history and that they will never do it again.

At least give them credit for achieving something!

Admittedly I was at Ibrox that fateful day and was applauding Wraith Reverse slightly more than the team from over the Irish Sea and yes give credit where credits due but only if its returned and so far all Ive witnessed is jealousy about us winning the Scottish Cup

At least it wasn't a Mickey Mouse cup we won - it was the Scottish Cup, Scottish Football's greatest prize - and how you guys would love to have your name on it!
... and when we had our three League Cup wins it was in the days when the tournament was considered to be worth winning, not like the past two decades when the bigger clubs have fielded under-strength sides on occasion.

I remember watching the final, and nobody could understand why i did not want a local team to win the cup.I replyed that we'd never hear the end ov it by the rovers mob.Think i have been proved correct.

Raith played one of the worst Celtic teams of all time in the final. And they still didn't beat them. Winning a cup on penalty kicks isn't the same as winning a cup in a football match.

Under strength team eh????

Nicholas, Collins, McStay, Mowbray, Boyd !!!!!

Oh I forgot they had one of your clowns in the goals

You know, thats what I really love about coming on to an East Fife website, reading about a team to which I have either no interest, love or time for. This might come as a suprise, but I only want to hear about my team when I come on this site, so...

to all wraith fuckwits that post on here, which part of 'piss off along the coast' do you have trouble with? The way they go on about winning the cup, they are turning into ra sellick/engurland muppets going on about Lisbon/1966... and even they would admit to how boring and tedious that is.

Hb

The title was Rovers on the telly.

You didn't really have to come in if you didn't want to...

Explain to me what it is doing on an East Fife website when it has fuck all to do with East Fife? Wouldn't it be more relevant to post it on a Celtic site?

Welcome to THE unofficial East Fife Football Club forum. Feel free to discuss East Fife, football in general, music, politics or anything else you want! If you're posting anything non football related just mark it: O/T or MUSIC or POLITICS or whatever it's about! Just makes it easier for people to keep track. Watch out for announcements and updates and talk about what you've read or what you'd like to see on the main AFTN site. We're not aiming to edit or remove posts, but obviously racist, violent and libelous posts will be removed. This is an independent forum with no connection to East Fife Football Club, East Fife Supporters Trust or any East Fife Supporters Club. All posts are the views and legal responsibility of individual posters and are not necessarily the views of the site owner. Enjoy the forum.

The point I am making is that if I wanted to read news/comments about the lino lickers, I would go to a wraith site not an East Fife one, and vice versa. You lot appear on the site if the letter d appears in the spelling of the days of the week. I think it is totally correct for you to reply if stuff is posted about your team, and have defended your right in another thread, but I ask again, wtf has the coca cola cup game have to do with East Fife? It was played by wraith and one half of the twisted sisters...

If you wanted to wind us up, isn't P&B more appropriate?

Levenmouthrover

Nicholas was a Celtic legend - when he was 12 years younger.

McStay was such a good player that he missed a penalty and captained the side in their most embarrassing match

Mowbray was a clod-hopper (how quickly they forget)

Boyd was an average player; no more no less.

Now let's have a look at the other Celtic legends in that team, eh?

Barry Smith and Mark McNally - two giants of the game.

Brian O'Neil - I can almost remember him

P Byrne - I can't remember him

Peter Grant - no more skilful than Sean Dennis

Simon Donnelly - five minutes of fame

Andy Walker - universally regarded as the poorest striker to play for Celtic in the modern era

They came FOURTH in the Premier Division that season.

Hail hail!

Didn't the Rovers avoid any Premier League opposition until the final ?

They played Killie in an earlier round

Ross County 0 Roth Raivers 5
Roth Raivers 3 Kilmarnock 2
St Johnstone 1 Roth Raivers 3
Airdrie 1 Roth Raviers 1 (pen)
Cetic 2 Roth Raivers 2 (pen)

16 responses to this post - second highest of the last 14 replied too.

And this is YOUR website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIVE replies to your post have been by yourself and that other ERSEHOLE. You tit

East Fife - Scottish Cup winners whilst not in the top league (which was larger than the SPL, or whatever it was called when Raith beat Celtic in the league cup). Beaten finalists in 1927 and 1950.
Also winners of the League Cup three times (the first team to do so and also, in 1947 the first team to win it whilst not in the top league).
The first provincial side to appear in two cup finals in the same season (1949/50).
First club, along with Celtic to have a game broadcast by the BBC - the 1927 cup final.
First club in Scotland (with Stenhousemuir) to play a competitive game under floodlights (1956).
Raith, and most of the other clubs outwith Scotland's major cities cannot come even close to the footballing history which East Fife has.
A history which should dictate the wearing of black and gold stripes, white shorts and black socks with gold tops as the home kit every season.

There is footage of the complete final East Fife v. Kilmarnock. Remember watching it a few years when the Scottish Cup was on display at the heritage centre in methil, during Steve Archibalds time as manager. Scottish cup wow !! that's no Mickey Mouse cup. How many of the present league teams have won it, not a lot. East Fife won it, will be in the record books forever !!

These muppets are clearly fishing...

Just to let you know that the tv show is not shown in Black & White. As the last time you won anything, it was B&W tv. My grandad went on about what a good side you had, but for the last fifty (50) years you have been shite and will win less than us cause you are a wee team, with a wee ground and a wee support.
unless you have someone with money like Gretna.
Wee team, wee support, wee ground, big wallet, big league.
Mind watch now, we can see you peekin!!!!!!!!!!

If Raith Rovers were playing in my back garden I'd pull the curtains...

Raith.
Little history, big debt, short future!!!

Us (EFFC)
Ancient history
Massive debts (come May)
Short future

ROLL UP, ROLL UP!!! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I WELCOME YOU TO THE NEW ENGLAND 1966 BORE-ATHON, WITH SPECIAL GUESTS, WRAITH MONGERS!!! HEAR ABOUT HOW THEY WON A CUP THEN WENT SPECTACULARLY INTO FREEFALL, NEARLY GOING OUT OF BUSINESS AFTER SUCKING FRENCH COCK, ONLY TO BE SAVED BY A PARCEL OF ROGUES IN A CHANCELLOR WHO CLAIMS HE IS ENGLISH!!! BE WARNED, SOME OF THE PLAYERS ARE SO UGLY THAT THEY MIGHT FRIGHTEN YOUR KIDS. SEE SEAN DENNIS AND LOADS OF OTHERS GET INTO HYSTERICAL JAPES SINCE THAT DAY, FIGHTING, DODGY BUSINESS DEALS, AND MANY MANY MORE!!! warning. do not operate machinary or drive whilst watching this programme.

Tamsun
Raith 20 years more history thean EF- 1883-1903 -tit

These 'debates' always make me laugh.

We all go on about Raith fans overdoing the 27/11, Bayern Munich thing, then we reply about being the first lower league team to win the proper cup.

Who gives a toss, we are both now washed up and in hock to one individual with no way of ever getting back to the top level.

Can talk about the F*fe, but Raith have every chance of getting back to the SPL in the next 10 years.

No chance Jonathan

I can see from an EF point of view that they are not that confident about the chances of promotion or being in the top league in ten years.
We have a new manager who has only been in the job a few months but the foundation is being laid for the step up to the next league. The step to the next level (ESPL) will have to be laid but i feel confident that
we have the right manager in place to take us forward.
The stadium is in place as is the support when we get a winning run going.

Well said that man.

If we don't go up this season, we are certain to go up as champions the next. A couple of years to regroup in the First and then it'll be party time.

I doubt that very much guys, you are still (just) keeping the wolf from the door, you are still owned by one individual, and your amazing fan base never even managed to raise £90 each to save your club

FFS,all your loan players will have gone by then!

You guys got a Trust member on your board yet?

Think Willie will let you?

If your manager manages ti take you forward that much,he'll be off to a bigger club long before you reach the (or you think)S.P.L

ONE thing is certain guys we have ups and downs, you only have downs.
As for the loan players you could only dream of getting one of them as they do not want to play for a team that has been rotten as shite for fifty years.
Now come on you have to be brave and honest with your views, what team has been bigger and played in a higher league than EF for nearly all of the fifty years. Statistics do not lie.

Raith Rovers fans - you were funny for a while, but you have hung around here for so long that you have become as dull, boring and predictable as your club's history.

Do everyone a favour and get back to hanging around Franks Army Stores instead. Although I don't suppose Frank would see it as a favour.

We have had one of them on loan ya dick!

39 posts and counting - and the program has yet to be screened.

Indicates to me that there is more interest in slagging us off than supporting your own club.

Yip you did have one on loan. You lot must have done him the world of good with your full time training & coaching.
You only play junior teams for training cause you have found your true level. I can see now how he was coached by Moffat " right son, when you get the ball hoof it as far up the field as you can. Then hing about till it comes near you and dae the same"
After a few games with us he progessed and not evolved like he did at mefill.
Even Cowdenbeath have won something in 50 years.

RR1 and LR you are both so, so tiresome. Do you really have nothing better to do with your time?

And look, if it makes you feel better yes Rovers are a bigger, better team than East Fife. We are totally shite, always have been, always will be. Happy? Jeez...

BP, what about me?

TIT PRAM DUMMY OF OUT.

RAITHROVER1 ARSE,PRICK,CUNT

That was absolutely amazing...

Seems like yesterday.So vivid, glad i was able to see it.

Was it fcuk! where are all the glory hunters now? and what about the "love in" with Jimmy Nicholl!
Pretty sure they were all erse bandits!

My God..a deflected free kick and you think you are world beaters....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Even without the deflected free kick we still managed a league and cup double.

Face it mate, if they wanted to do a programme about the Fife's last decent acheievement they'd need to hold a seance to get some eye witness accounts.

"Fifes last decent achievement".....At last you admit it.
End of.

KY8
I bet you wish you had some glory hunters. Look up the meaning of the word glory, at last some recognition from the wee teams supporters.
At least your honest and out of the closet.
Away to the game now with some satisfaction.

The one thing I will give Rovers credit for is that European Football has now actually seen at first hand the little known footballing skill of HB as displayed by that Rovers leg'end Mr Davie Sinclair who has a genuine Fife passport (wrong end of Fife though). He no doubt learned this skill on the parks and streets aganist the Royals, Kelty, Etc. HB (HAK'IN BASTARD)

Thank fuck I was out the country for that one. Fair play to them, they won a cup. Now please fuck off to your own forum and stop boring everyone.

Can't believe this is still going and that fife fans are contibuting to the wind-up the rovers fans are doing.

Hamilton boy, I have it on DVD if you'd like to watch it?

and I have a spare one of your Mum if you're up for a swap...

Hamilton rent boy
Do you not sign on today.

You know I could have supported wraith when I moved to Fife, but the fact I knew my Dad made it a non-starter...
I would try the Pathhead tavern if you are looking for rent boys. Either that, the starks bar, co-incidently both in KDY pmsl!

More to the point rover scum, what are you doing posting during working hours? Shouldn't you be working? Sorry, major assumption, that you actually have a job...

I am up for the swap.

Gof, is it no possible to delete this thread? It really is getting on ma tits!

Nah, ravenscraig car-park is the best place for rentboys. Just flash your interior light 3 times, and someone will offer their services. Make sure you get "Tommo" though - he's the best seemingly!

HRB
How would you know what work hours are. If you work hard you get paid holidays and can afford to go places and buy things.
All of which i am sure you are not very familiar with.

thats why in the last year, I have been to Cancun, Ibiza, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, New Zealand (where I now live) and a week next Wednesday, I'm off to Fiji for a cruise round the islands. Yeah, your so right, I do not know what working hours are, and God knows how I will sign on this week... BTW, I'll have to get the DVD back off Claude as he wanted to see what he looked like with yer Maw Johnathon, so it might be a few days if that's ok?

HRB
Wiz thir no enuff sheep in Fife fur ye.

not enough sheep, but plentiful schools that teach people how to spell correctly.

HRB
If you are in nz, i am moving to AUZ in a few months.
Perhaps we could meet and fight like the good old days.But be carefull i have a mean kiss, sweetie.
Mind wear your joggies.

What a load of shite, this thread.

BTW there are plenty of sheep in OZ. Also plenty of kangos and dingo's, so watch out. Mind you, any port in a storm for some people.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Aye, you will enjoy Sydney.

What a load of shite!

coz nae wonder they play in the second division thn the 1st coz there shite

and the players on tht wiz all the ex players tht has left them years ago!
Lyks Crawford and etc...

We won the Scottish cup and beet Rangers and Celtic 2 and we r Pround of tht