Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
O/T The Jam reformation?

So the BBC were going on about the Police reforming today, and in introducing the report the presenter said - "a number of bands are now reforming, including blah, blah, and the Jam." Now I've read in a number of places that Weller would rather remove his own testes than do this, so I wondered if anyone else had heard anything about such a thing occurring? Seeing our beloved website is named after one of their songs and all...

Re: O/T The Jam reformation?

Would love to see it, but as you say Weller has made it perfectly clear how he feels about reunions and going back. And he seems to be doing more Jam stuff in his solo shows.

Hoping The Police are going to announce a Scottish date tonight. Maybe even a headline slot at T?

No Scottish dates yet, but there's going to be UK dates in the autumn.

The Police's first date though is in Vancouver on May 28th, so if I can get tickets think I'll go over for that as we'd planned to go over sometime in May anyway, so fingers crossed!

They are reforming... but with the absence of one fairly important member... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6376477.stm

The Jam without Weller??
Be like Morecombe & Wise without Morecombe, Pie and Bovril without the pie etc. etc.

BTW, well done on passing your driving test Grim!!!

Bruce Foxton and Rick Buckler are reforming the Jam and will play gigs featuring Jam stuff! Think their playing the liquid rooms as one of their tour dates! Wouldn't even entertain it with no Weller!