Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife 2 Glenrothes 0

East Fife lined up:
1.Iain Ross 2.Paule Doyle 3.Kevin McBride 4.Jon Smart 5.Tom Courts 6.Greg McDonald 7.Paul Walker 8.Neil Jablonski 9.Kevin Gordon 10.Steve Nicholas 11.Ryan Blackadder

East Fife created the better of the chances during the first half but failed to convert. Sam Linton replaced Tom Courts after half an hour. Best chance of the first half came on the stroke of half time when Neil Jablonski headed over from just a yard out.
East Fife took the lead through a Jablonski penalty in 55 minutes following hand ball from former Fifer Jimmy Rae.
East Fife than made seven substitutions at the same time, with Hampshire, Crabbe, O'Reilly, Young, Ritchie, Smith and Gibson replacing McBride, Walker, Jablonski, Gordon, Nicholas and Blackadder.
Paul Ritchie scored a second in 65 minutes with a low drive that squirmed under the 'keeper.
Greg McDonald limped off in the latter stages following a bad late challenge from former Fifer Benny Andrew, and Neil Jablonski returned to the fold.

Re: East Fife 2 Glenrothes 0

Is Greig ok?Anyone know if he is injured yet?

Always knew Blackadder was pretty lazy but I've seen it all now !! In the Second Half a Glenrothes defender challenged him and put the ball out for a throw in. The ball went down the tunnel towards the turnstiles and Ryan refused to go and get it ! He told Kevin McBride to go for it which he duly did. From the throw, Ryan turned and hit a dipping shot against the bar. Prima Donna or what !!!???

No wonder EFFC won.They made 7 substitions according to Jim but only took off 6 players. Ah ha. That's how games are won.

Oops!!
BayviewBoy - can you remember who the other player was?

Bayview Boy your right,(or what?),Blackadder is just a bighead,Richie,Crabbe or Nicholas would have told him to get it his fucking self,over-rated,and what has happenend to Jabba he seems to have given up since he was persuaded to stay,and the fight has gone out of the fife since then.how many goals has he scored since then as well,he is needing to wake up,I like him but he's gotten lazy.no goals no wins last goal against dumbarton away and we lost,Martin is too full of himself as well,glad he is away,Nicholas has done nothing since he came back,Gibson,O'Reilly and Walker are our best players.

wdylk
You are just like a little ray of sunshine.

No goals since Dumbarton away?
So the games against Montrose and Queens Park away dont count?
Because we scored 4 all together in them 2 games.ALso we scored at home to Stenny,away to Arbroath.We have scored 6 goals since Dumbarton away.
Martin isn`t full of himself,dont talk pish!
You have some facts there dont you

Jim - It was J Smart who was the other player subbed. I told you to learn shorthand

Wdylk - Gibson one of our best players ?? You must be havin' a larf mate !!!

Wdylk, why don,t you make yourself known, I,m sure Martin will be more than willing to PUT YOU RIGHT or are you a coward that hides behind an alias? Gibson is utter sh**e and should go back to Thisle asap. Blackadder is a total tosser and thinks he,s a better player than he actually us.

Have to admit that Gibson has been a big let down so far and shouldn`t start on Saturday.
As for Blackadder,I think it is an attitude problem with him.Yes,he can be one of the best players in the division,but the problem with Ryan is that he knows it.

Is John Martin away? Where to?

To Dom:

So why is it not ok for a previous poster to state things about John Martin but in the same reply you then call Ryan Blackadder a ******.

I think you need to get a grip, Ryan is one of your best players and although I am sure John Martin is as good a guy as you all seem to think, Blackadder will give you a better chance of winning things.

Is it case that no one is allowed to criticise a player you like but if a player is not a favourite of yours it is ok to label them *******.

Lee, Blackadder undoubtly is a skillfull player, but in my opinion he has cost us points, with his pissing around on the ball, instead of doing the simple pass. Also heard he,s not very popular in the dressing room because of his arrogant attitude.

TBH,he wasn`t that poular in the dressing room at St Andrews Utd.
C`mon Ryan...show us doubters that we are wrong.

He was hated in the Raith dressing room, tough luck boys, don,t say we did not warn you