Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Plea To The SFA

Following the postponement of Saturday's game due to waves breaking over the sea wall at high tide, can you consider that home games played in future at Bayview be played during a week when the tides are low. This would not require rocket science, as the tides can be forecast years in advance.

Re: A Plea To The SFA

Maybe we can also recruit an astrologer and only play when the planets are aligned favourably?

Well anything's worth a try!

How about Myleene Klass......!!!

Hay Dyker,why er ye no working????High tide on Sat was at aboot 7/8 ish at night.Know what you mean though.At 4.pm ,the waves were coming over Pitt herber.

Here, Dyker an' Enfifer - dae ye no ken thae wast byers dinnae ken aboot tides an' the like, no' like us Dykers! Dinnae blund thum wi' hings thae dinnae ken aboot! An' onnywey, wid it no' be fur the best tae play whan the boats urny awa' an' a'?

Translated for the population west of St Monans:
The residents of Cellardyke (both former and present) would be happy to advise when home matches should be played for the benefit of all concerned.

Aye yer ain fish guts fir yer ain sea maws

I thought the game was postponed because of high winds (nothing to do with me shouting),nothing to do with the water coming over the sea wall.

Here Jimmy,heard theres a pirty comming up wi yer clan.Kid me un Dyker gate crash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A promise no ti eat au Dave's tablet.

Maybe the SFA can arrange lino lickers home games not to coincide with rail traffic, in case the bar stewards get wakened up. They need awe the beauty sleep they can get.

Goonie - thurs twa faemily do's comin' up.
Thurs ma Mither an Faithers Golden Waddin in April and' ma lassie's gettin mairrit in Sint Aundries in June.
Onny way, yer no' invitit tae onny o' thum, so there!

Hope they both go well Jimmy.I saw Sonny around about xmas time ,and he has not changed a bit in 25 eer.Hows Callum?Don't think i wid kin um noo.

Goony whan's high tide Seterday, there's a bit o' a wund gettin' up ?

High tides 14.08(at Anster).Quite a big tide (5.2) but the wunds ti be alot less than last week,9 m.p.h.
De linch mi if um wrang though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enfifer - Calum's never changed, bides in Bristol noo and is a season ticket holder at Bristol Rovers. His auldest laudie Cameron is his double and a promising fitba' player. Mebbe mak it big wan day!!

As games get called off on increasingly dubious reasons - a bit of frost, a breeze, a spattering of rain - will it be possible to play football outdoors in future? Bunch of wimps involved in the game now.