Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Very apologetic

Having stewed over things over the weekend I would like to apologise to those around me on Saturday for my foul mouther tirade at Dobbins & Raeside when Mcmullan was booked. It's a real pet hate of mine to see players running 30 yards to try & influence referees but my outburst was offensive & downright stupid! Won't happen again!

Re: Very apologetic

Fair enough Liam but is that twat that was next to you going to appologise for his outbursts, I have my doubts.

Wasn't aware of anybody else's outbursts, kinda seething for the whole of the 2nd half. Didn't even cheer when we scored!

Why didn't you cheer Liam? Don'tyou believe in encouraging the players? You were quite happy to let everybody hear you swearing at and criticising them.

Wouldn'y worry aboot it Liam,mist folk wid probably a thoucht it wiz Bob Moyes!!!!

Was still seething at the point when we scored! Just thought it was another case of too little too late!There's not many who are more encouraging than me & my criticism of our players is very limited. If you you think any different Rabhaw then come & tell me I'm being abusive to our players & I'll stop! I think my only real criticism of individuals has been Doddsy for not commanding his area (he has all the potential & on his day there are not many better than him) & Gibson which I make no apology for as he has shown no committment to the cause! Other than that I think I've been pretty quite this season!

Liam,

"been rather quite this season" quite what ? You mean quiet ? very unlike you

Gonna tell yer mum that you is foul mouthed. Ye'll get a tellin oaf.

I can understand your frustration Liam and you are to be applauded for apologising. I am sorry for suggesting that you were slagging the players off too. It was obviously coming from others in the same area as you.

It has been a difficult period for us, but we have to get away from the constant barracking of the players because we are just adding to the the problems. If the crowd could just support the team instead of slagging them, then maybe it will spur them on to win a game. Confidence is low, the defence seem to panic nowadays instead of being rock solid like they were previously. If there is moaning and slagging coming from supporters you have got to agree that it is bound to make them even more panicky. We are supposed to be supporting them.

To me it looked like the majority of the criticism was directed at the "manager" and quite justified too.
Liam,you like many others love East Fife with a passion and it is very understandable that many of us are reacting in this way.

Get on with your work Exiled Fifer or I'll tell your boss!!!!

EnFifer
I'll confess that that it could have been me shouting at Raeside I gave the jerk a mouthful at full time.We were all upset and frustrsted on Saturday.Personally I don't think East Fife supporters are any more critical of their team than anyone else.I am at a total loss why we have collapsed as we have.

I thought the players were given a lot of support during the last game at Hampden because, even though the performance wasn't great the majority of the players gave a lot of effort and they were applauded off the park despite conceeding yet another late goal.

I think that the players let the supporters down badly against Arbroath. They wanted to win that game far more than we did and it showed, the players and the manager deserved the criticism they got and a late goal and a few minutes of pressure shouldn't mask the apalling performance.

I cannot understand why supporters are being criticized for showing disappointment to both the manager and the players on Saturday? Do you think for one minute that Alex Ferguson gives his players a pat on the back at half time if they have performed badly? Think not.

The players have the chance to put things right on Saturday. COME ON.

So we have a crowd full of Alex Fergusons then?

Showing disappointment is not cursing and swearing at them and criticising just about every move!

Liam;- i hope you accept my post on "very angry" was not so much an opinion against you or geting on at you but more of a concern (if this is what has made you post this message). you have played the game, as myself, and i know it can be frustrating and whilst i accept i am maybe too laid back in my opinion, passionate supporters are needed - may i include enfifer in this. i enjoy the comments that are made in the section we sit in but at the end of the day it is a football match and in the scale of things is it worth getting so uptight? Keep up the commemts and although you probably don't know be by name you will by face and i will say hello at the next game.

I was next to Liam on Saturday and don't have anything to apologise for that I'm aware of !!!!

CENSOR.

“Showing disappointment is not cursing and swearing at them and criticizing just about every move”

Maybe in the church you visit on a Sunday!

Did you see the same game as me? I am sure if you had you would have witnessed the same reaction [Cursing and swearing]
from the players on the park.

So how do you support a fitba team then?

By adopting a Brazilian-style carnival atmosphere.

Which includes f'n and c'n at your own team??

No Eric it was my own conscience (yes I do have one!)that made me post! Still quite embarased! Took it out on poor Simonlichtie on the P&B site as well! Still hey ho!

A think the guy might ov ment me Andy.I was sitting near Liam BUT no way was i shouting,swearing at our own players.Sure i turn round ti Bob un Dyker un say things BUT its out the players ear shot.A kin its just a game,but ,whats the pint a gaun if ye sit like a dummy fer 90 mins.Still, big enough fer you ti come on here Liam But ye kin iz much as i do,theres a hell o alot worse said than what you said.Hope ye kin sleep it nicht noo.

Might I suggest that someone brings a big drum to bang?

I would,but Jona(not so)thin goes ti rovers games

Enfifer
I thought you were quite restrained on Saturday - nobody can understand what you coasters are saying anyway.I don't think Liam has anything to apologise for.I think it's a fallacy that East fife supporters are harder on their team than other fans.tThe worst abuse I've ever heard came from Raith Rovers fans at a midweek cup game against Arbroath.Paul Tosh and Steve Tosh were subjected to the most vicious ,personal abuseI've ever heard.It actually started before the game did.In my experience no East Fife player has ever had anything remotely like that

I may be “that twat” that I have my doubts in referring to. If my language offended anyone then please accept my sincere apologies. However, I won’t apologies for shouting at the players and urging them to get stuck in. Maybe I was watching another game to I have my doubts but it looked to me that Arbroath players chased down every ball and got “stuck in”. Something we didn’t do on Saturday, so much so that their number 7 clocked Tam Coutts and it didn’t even merit a reaction from his own team mates!!!!!. Soz but that’s not on. Bring back the days when we had a Wullie “he’s here he’s there” Brown or John Allison, who would both put their foot in where it hurts for the cause. I can accept getting beaten, lack of confidence and all that, however a lack of passion and fight is not acceptable and the worst offender is the Manager who stands with his hands in his pockets and does nothing to change things!!
Maybe Baikie thinks he’s the new PLG!!!! When is the last time anyone seen the Manager urging the players on during play???? Once again apologies if I offended anyone.

Baikie took ages to walk off at half time.To me he should have been rushing to get into the dressing room to get his players sorted out.
As someone else said,he looked a man resigned to defeat.

re Fanwithin you mean Tam courts