Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The design a strip thing

I see on the official site there's another message about the lack of response to the design a strip comp.

Whilst I think it's fantastic that we now have a club that appreciates its fans and wants our input and ideas on board, the lesson from this particular scenario might just be that most EF fans (myself included) are traditionalists as far as our home jersey goes, black and gold stripes are a must!

The club maybe feel a wee bit frustrated about this matter and I thought i'd try and open a discussion on it.

I do plan on designing an away strip and sending it up though, as soon as I remember to buy a drawing book and colouring pencils

Re: The design a strip thing

Good to see you last Saturday,Igor.Have you got any spare growing grass down there?

I thought it was for children to design - otherwise I would've submitted a design myself.

Must've got the wrong end of the stick.

Just had a look at the official site and did misread it.

I'll submit a design and urge everyone (who gives a sh1t) to do the same.

It's a nice touch by the club to give us (or one of us) a say in the next strip design.

Let's all submit black/gold stripes, white shorts and black socks with gold tops

Hopefully next season we can get out of the 3rd div looking the part at least

I had thought it was just for school kids too.

I would definetly go for the Black and Gold stripes,white shorts and Black and Gold socks keeping with tradition never goes out of fashion. How many times have A C Milan, Inter and Juve veered away from the famous striped shirts?

Away kit to be Green and White hoops, white shorts and hooped socks as we go into the season of our 105th year, it reflects the original strip and would sell like hotcakes to East Fife and Celtic minded people. This would have been a bold move for the centenary strip but an opportunity missed then methinks!

White shorts??????
Its bad enough washing these with the away kit never mind a home kit with white as well. what about green so we dont have to wash grass stains out?

fifer4life - get Persil Non-bio tablets and put them in the wee bag supplied then into the washing machine. Before washing the shorts, rub some fairy liquid (or any other leading brand of washing up liquid) directly onto the grass stain. Wash at a 40 degree cycle then Bob's your Uncle and Fanny's your Aunt!

See - I am a girl after all!

Home

Away

Kerriann you must have looked that up on the internet next thing we know you will be boiling eggs or heating up a tin of beans (thats if you can use the tin opener?)

OK, try again

Home
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Away
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Like it.

Pure white shorts are classier though.

You submitting that to the club FF?

Just emailed it to them.

They both look very good FF, but would it not be better with the hoops in the 2nd strip, celebrating and replicating the 105 years since it was first used?

I like the idea of stripes to be honest. It pays homage to the original colours without looking like a Celtic top. I just can't mask my contempt and utter hatred for Celtic and Rangers.

I'm with Stewart. If we're going with green and white, it has to be hoops. Everyone seems to like the classic traditional home shirt, so we should not have a problem with applying that same tradition to the away shirt.

If we go for stripes instead of hoops, it is a public statement that we are slightly embarrassed about our own history. We should not be.

Anyway, we had green and white hoops before Celtic.

Nothing against hoops myself, I just prefer the stripes. If they wanted to go for the hoops, they should have done it in the Centenary season, rather than copping out with the white one with green trim.

And if we have to try to keep a change strip that doesn't clash with anyone else, then the predominantly green kit would probably be better than green and white hoops (IMO).

'Kerriann you must have looked that up on the internet next thing we know you will be boiling eggs or heating up a tin of beans (thats if you can use the tin opener?)'

Oi!! Do you think I'm silly? Everyone knows that you get tins nowadays that don't require a tin opener!

And no, I didn't look that up on the internet. I am a domesticated goddess. Compare me to Nigella if you wish. Although I can't cook, don't have long hair, don't have a rich Daddy or a huge house BUT I am a girl. It's in my genes to know how to clean things!

I'd go for Forest Fifers design but with a collar perhaps, oh and keep the badge

To be fair, if we got a copy of that 60's home strip (in which I think we're all unanimous) I wouldn't give a sh1t what the away strip was like

How are green and white hoops going to clash with anyone else Forest? We have not played Celtic for 23 years.

This is a chance to get East Fife noticed, get talked about, get publicity, and even get shirts sales. No one will give green and white stripes a second glance.

It's a bit harsh to say you don't give a shit St Pauli unless of course you are happy to have a pink away strip or an army desert camo one a la St Pauli?
I think people are happy with Black and Gold stripes for home but I've made a reasonable case for hoops for the away kit which hoopla supports and I'm sure would sell more of, again for reasons given. Does that not make sense all round?

I think he means Q Park and East Stirling who both wear hoops

Yeah Stewart, St Pauli strip (brown and white) would be ace

QP and the Shire? Fine. If that's a clash (and I don't think it is), then here's an idea: why don't we wear the black and gold stripes against them?

Being the exile serving Queen and Country I'd go for an away strip in Camouflage might help us sneak into the box a bit more. Also saves on the laundry bill won't notice the grass stains. I'd also go back to the 80's rough nylon that will stop them standing still ! HOOPS NAE CHANCE .

"HOOPS NAE CHANCE" Because?

"NAE CHANCE" Because it would potentially open the door to the Daily Weegie to comment on the the reasons for the change (have they done it for publicity drivel blah...) and again potentially open us to west coast neanderthal behaviour from oposing fans, who no matter what they say, all have an opinion on the matter regardless of the fact that they may not attend either of the Circus acts which dominate their village. Remember the high pressure they find themselves under when they start to loose to east coast teams, it unleashes all of the iorn brew, Buckie and lard pieces which have been fermenting in their string vest covered guts all week. Before they know it, without realising, they fly into a rage as the Fife score number 2 and what do their blood shot eyes see as the hoops run past them again ? What comments will this evoke....Do you want me to go on.

The only people to have a problem with the hooped away top would be those with a Rangers allegiance. For the record I can't stand Rangers or Celtic but I think it would be a bold move to recognise we had Green and White hoops before Celtic and it was our first strip and we would sell more than normal for a 2nd strip. Thats all.

I like the home strip,and the badge as well,just bought a badge of ebay just like it,£5.45 including postage worth every penny.

Stewart, you have found that a creative idea can be a dangerous thing on here. It seems that people are too concerned about other clubs to realise that they are not putting East Fife first. It is our strip, it is our heritage.

Someone says that the board copped out in the centenary year by only putting a bit of green on the away strip rather than going for hoops. Then he says he would rather have a predominantly green shirt to mark the club's traditions. What's that, if it's not a cop out? Have the guts to be proud of the club's history, or just forget the whole idea.

I can't fucking stand Celtic but I would wear a green and white hooped East Fife shirt with pride.

Exactly the points I was trying to put across, if you're an East Fife fan why worry about The Weegie Press, Rangers fans etc etc.East Fife should have at least had Green and White hoops for their away kit in the Centenary Season, lets remedy that next season.

Stewart I know a few fans who did not buy the centenary because there was green on the strip,but you cannot please everyone,it does not bother me what colourit is one wee bit if I like it I will buy it.

Sometimes even If I don't like it I will still buy it

Didn't the arabs have a green away strip in their centenery year to celebrate their first strip?

Once again, I have no problem with them wearing hoops. I just preferred the pinstripe design, that's all. I don't care about the Celtic connection, but I could imagine some people might do. It's not like their the only team in the world that wear green/white hoops.

Re the change strip clashing, we have had contracts recently which stated that we had to wear the change strip at all away games, sometimes resulting in the home team having to change as well.

Celtic have been known to wear their change strip against teams wearing predominantly white.

You never know, Paulas Benara might have some of these left after Yeovil kicked them off the contract for being shit.

What about an all white away strip, since white is the recognised symbol of surrender?

What about concerning yourself with your own team's strip you fuckwit, you're on the wrong forum dickhead!

Anyone else submitted a design then?