Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SUPPORT Dave Baikie SUPPORT the players

DAVE BAIKIE IS THE MAN FOR THE JOB.I am not happy at the results,but I still think Dave is the man for the job,I do think that some of our players are letting the Willie,Dave and the Fans down,the club are paying good wages for these players and certain players are not up for the fight,I do not want mention anybody in particular,who I think are not pulling their weight,as players should know themselves that they are not performing as well as they have been or should be,maybe like Dave says it is lack of confidence but everyone should give it a big bit extra on sat,keep the manager in a job,but most of all keep yourselves in a job,and do yourselves proud,every player should want to win something and nothing is better than winning the league no matter the division,and keep the fans happy,I saw the look of Graeme Ironsface on sat at half-time and full-time he was disgusted the way that Dave and the team were booed off the park,and I was disgusted as well,I am known for my bad language when I was a drunk BUT even then I never booed the team,I do not boo present or ex-players because I respect them all,(maybe that is why I am still in touch with some of them),and I told them that they had a bad game and they accepted that,but booing is not the way to go,THEY are doing the one thing that most of us would have liked to do or have done is play for East Fife,On saturday against Arbroath I met Dougie Soutar,Bobby,Andy Waddell and Rab Cairns,it was about 33 years since I saw Dougie,and he is still the perfect gentleman and courteous even though he did not remember me, players will alway remember how fans treat them,and he was still glad that someone remembered him even though it was just me.
Had My Rant
GET OFF DAVE BAIKIE'S BACK
GIVE THE PLAYERS MORE SUPPORT

Re: SUPPORT Dave Baikie SUPPORT the players

Well said Zak. I hope the players know that these twats are the minority and most of us, although dissapointed when we lose, are still behind the team and the manager.

When will these people realise that booing and shouting abuse at players during a game is pointless??? Ok, they can have their say after the game on this site, or by e.mailing the club/East Fife mail, etc. Or, if brave enough [which i doubt] speak to the persons that they are not happy with man to man in the lounge after the game. Very easy to shout abuse sitting with their pals in the stand. You never hear Big Harry or Billy McPhee booing. They love the club and would not sink to those depths. I have said this before, but the team has new faces [not 1 or 2 like some of the other clubs] and it will take time to get settled in, we are part timers after all. I have supported Fife for many years and believe me there will be more downs than ups. so get used to it. Support the team even when they are having a bad spell and then you can enjoy the good spells knowing your support was there, ALL THE TIME.

FOREVER OPTOMISTIC. THE CHARGE STARTS SATURDAY AT COATBRIDGE. WILL U BE THERE BOOERS? OR WILL U WAIT FOR THE NEXT HOME GAME.
The simple rules for supporting the team you love are:

1. Cheer and applaud when we score.
2. Applaud good touches and moves.
3. Help the player/team when on a bad day. Your encouragement could turn a game.
4. Never give advice to the manager during a game. The most cringing one is:- C'mon Murray/Archibald/Bone/Kirk/Clarke/Moffat/Shaw/Baikie. GET THE SUBS OAN!!!!
Quiet simple really.

In a nutshell guys. Leave the Manager to do his job and we as supporters will do our job. That's teamwork.

Zak makes a good point - booing does not help anyone - on the whole most players will always try there best - you will always get the odd exception - but basically players at our club level are the same as you and I except they can play a bit of football - I remember a few years back meeting Steve Hutchison at 5.am on his postie round and at Brechin in the afternoon he was scoring two goals for us - if the team is not playing well when we have a decent squad of players I would suggest the fault is with the management who are not getting the best out of them for whatever reason - our last manager was a classic example.

Always thought the crowd were a bit more critical at home, so hopefully a full backing for the remaining Saturdays and a play off place to look forward to...

I for one would never boo a player,but with regards to the manager,he has to take his share of the blame for this terrible run.
Quite simply the team are a disgrace at present.

Has Baikie not done a good job at every senior club he has been to.
Arbroath and Cowdenbeath both got up first time under him i think. I think you have to give him a chance. You have made progress under him and still have 30 points to be lost(wee joke). I think you are being over critical of him, if it does not happen this year it will happen next. After nearly a decade of nothing he has put you in with a shout of something.

"After nearly a decade of nothing"?

Does promotion in season 2002/3 not count then??!!

Well said Zak

DECADE means EHH, OOPS, AHH, 5 YEARS.

The Baikie Brigade is willing to accept hopeless failure in the name of loyalty. If Baikie is the man for East Fife, it is time to pull down the shutters. Maybe acceptance of terrible football in the Third Division will suit some people just fine. Don't rock the boat, don't question anything, don't dare to have any ambitions for East Fife.

NOT A SINGLE WIN SINCE 2 DECEMBER 2006

Absolutely spot on. To sit back and allow the demise of a team that cost more than any other team in the league is pathetic.
It isn`t about not winning since 2nd December,it is about being shit since the start of the season,being lucky since the start of the season and being managed by a man who hasn`t a clue how to turn it around and has to react to posts about player one to ones after a friend of a player posts it on AFTN.
Tell me,when did we perform well over 90 minutes,not 45 and deserve to win?

RAITHROVERS1, You need to consult a dictionary as a decade is not 5 years it is 10 years..

Got to admit that Saturday was soul destroying and, unlike the previous three games when there was an element of bad luck, we got precisely what we deserved; nothing.
I'm like Fifeyboab though, for me supporting my team is about getting behind them at times like this. Part of me is not looking forward to Cliftonhill on Saturday as there is every chance it's going to be fecking purgatory once again. But would I rather be an Old Firm fan knowing that another piece of silverware is just around the corner? No I would not.

Finally to the supporter who shouted "F..k off Jabba", in response to me shouting "Come on Jabba" on Saturday. Three words.

Fuck Off Mercury

Is that the same Freddy Mercury that had a few mouth foaming rants at me outside Bayview last season telling me to "get in there and support the team" ?

Saw him having a go at DM on Sat too, the big baby was in tears that he couldn't sit in "his" seat!

Fair enough every team has a blip in form,but not for 3 bloody months!
Don`t let our early season position as league leaders cloud your judgement.In all honesty we were lucky to be there.The annoying thing is that individually our squad is probably better than the rest,but as a team we are not...and that fault lies with Dave Baikie..nobody else.

Get a life for goodness sake. You are all living in fairy land [support your team even when they are playing pish] I love to watch East Fife win games and hate when we lose. Whets wrong with me showing my disappointment if I feel that some players are not pulling their weight?

Fifeyboab, Tell me you did not display any foul language at the players when Moffat was at the helm

Fred, showing your disappointment shouldn't be cursing and swearing at the top of your voice for all to hear, women & children included. I am not saying you personally were doing that, but there certainly were a few others doing exactly that. To me they are just spoilt brats, crying because things are not going the way they would like. They should grow up and understand that in life things don't always go smoothly and if they cannot handle that then they should find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon that will ensure they will be 100% happy. Supporters? No Way!

No answer yet to my question "when did we perform well over 90 minutes,not 45"

Any football crowd is a similar mix. Some shout,some don't,some swear,some don't,some sing some don't. A change from one behaviour to another will be at best fleeting. To suggest that any one type cares more or less about the team is a simplification.
I thought DB was a good appointment and at the start of the season thought a top four place was a reasonable target. As the weeks have gone by since Nov. my confidence in DB has gradually diminished but to dismiss him now will achieve nothing as it is unlikely a new manager will change the season's outcome. If we changed managers now and missed the play-offs would he in turn be a flop ? Would we risk a new season with a manager who had been unable to change our fortunes? If we were not in the top four come Dec 2007 would he go as well ?
Forever the optomist I hope we can now start a gradual improvement,secure a play-off place where our improvement gives us a chance of promotion.
Final rant is about non-tryers. In any grade of football I think it is only a very small proportion of players who do not try. A non-tryer at schools/youth level would never progress. Most players will succeed with either skill and/or spirit but a non-tryer by nature will not be playing senior football. Football at Third Division level is made up mostly of players who are very unlikely to improve much past Second Division. They are playing because they enjoy playing football

Because your methods of motivating a team are different from mine does not make you any better or worse. Different players will respond to different type’s management and I would hope that any player not giving 100% would respond to any criticism voiced from the true supporters? Self pride should be enough to pick the players up.

P.S You must be the “TWAT” if you think you are superior to all.