Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Shh we might have a chance!

I did predict a just over a month ago that we would return to form and start winning again. But I must admit I thought we had lost it and would slip further down the league. Lets hope my first prediction was correct and this is the start of a run.

WE have to meet the main contenders once, and Sons twice which if we win both will see them out of the race. I can't see Arbroath and QP keeping up the challenge which leaves Berwick. With their game in hand they are effectively 10 points ahead. If we beat them and continue on a winning run and they drop a few points they will start to get jittery as before. It is tough at the top and sometimes theres less pressure on the following teams.

Who would have thought it with the results recently but maybe we have turned it around early enough. It is now up to the players who I hope will give their best, Baikie to keep up the confidence and get them fired up and the fans to cheer them on and not destroy their morale. We may never have another chance of a title for a long time. It could be there for the taking if everyone pulls together.

Re: Shh we might have a chance!

"It could be there for the taking if everyone pulls together"

After speaking to an injured (but very influential) player at half time today, this is still very much a possibility and I hope that this player's confidence rubs off on his team-mates. I said to him that I reckoned we could probably finish fourth. He frowned, and said that he and the team though we could still win the league. WHAT THE HELL - LET'S GO FOR IT!!!

Sorry, when I said 'though' I meant 'thought'

Great result for you guys yesterday.

Think its possibly a two horse race between you and Queens Park for the third play off place. The games in hand for Dumbarton and Arbroath should see them get the other two places.

Best of luck.

Rabhaw - you mentioned a few weeks ago that we would be relegated. Care to admit how wrong you were? 9 points clear in fourth and now only 3 behind third. May well be the Pars at Starks next year. Bring it on.

Did I say that? I can't be bothered checking that out.
Anyway, you are more or less the same as we are now, which is in contention for a play off place. Well done!

Rabhaw Rebus or RR as we know you now

Your spot on we both have a chance.
What if you met Cowden in the play off?
From what i saw at Ayr the other night if you score first its a sinking ship. I would fancy them for the play off just now.