Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WE GOT OUR MINDS RIGHT AT LAST

MENTAL toughness was the key to East Fife's first win in nine attempts, manager Dave Baikie has revealed.
The Fifers ran out comfortable 3-0 winners over Albion Rovers at Cliftonhill at the weekend which puts them back into the promotion hunt.
And boss Baikie believes the hard work put in last week has paid dividends.
"We decided last week we would concentrate on getting the players mentally tougher," he explained.
"I had a long meeting with the players last Wednesday and we decided we needed our attitude and concentration to be better.
"I am conscious that many of the goals we've been losing are due to a lack of concentration."
Baikie believed his side were worthy winners in the end.
He said: "I am pleased with the win, which was thoroughly deserved.
"We started really well and could have been two up before we scored. We mastered the conditions better than them."
Baikie believes his side are still in the mix for promotion and has taken some comfort from the improvement on last season.
He said: "We have amassed the same amount of points at this stage, with 11 games to go, as we did in the whole of last season, so progress has been made. The result should also help our confidence a bit.
"The pressure is off the players. I don't know how you measure it, but you can see the effect the win has had.
"As I have said before, I don't see a team better than us in the league when we are on form.
"We are capable of getting up but we need to know how to approach games and ensure our attitude is right.
"It's a cliche but we really need to follow the philosophy of one game at a time."
That game is at home to Elgin City on Saturday, a game many feel the Fifers should win comfortably. But Baikie is warning against complacency.
"Elgin had a horrendous start to the season and failed to get a point in their first nine games," he said. "Since then, their form has been as good as many others.
"They have some very good players such as Martin Johnston, who is a major threat up front, and plenty of skilful players such as midfielder Adam Nelson who has just returned from injury.
"They will be a threat and we need to approach the game with the right attitude and go for it from the start."
Jamie McGowan and Jason Dair remain injured and Tom Courts is a doubt with a torn thigh and a cracked rib.
But Gary Kelly has recovered from injury and Neil Jablonski returns after suspension.
Meanwhile, East Fife will play Baikie's former club Tayport in a benefit match at Canniepairt on March 11, in aid of the Karen Dewar Memorial Garden fund.
Kick-off should be 2.30 p.m. but has yet to be confirmed.

28 February 2007