Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BURGER Berwick Trip on St Patricks Day

I've bought a block of 10 tickets for £60 return Edinburgh to Berwick for 17th March. Usual suspects will be given priority, and no it's not with GNER this time! So if 10 of us go it's only £6 each, bargain or what?

Re: BURGER Berwick Trip on St Patricks Day

That's an amazing deal, how did you get that. online?

No I phoned the group sales line at Virgin, first offered £15 a head based on 10 then came back with £60 deal after I said wasn't impressed with first offer.

Brilliant, cheers

Put me down for one of said briefs Stewart...

I can put you down for a ticket Angus but I aint selling no briefs!

I can get you half price cheap day return to Edinburgh as well for up to 2 people either on Scotrail, GNER or Virgin, should work out about a tenner.

Might only have 2 tickets left now, regular travellers let me know asap, first come first served no refunds unless I re-sell ticket.

One of these briefs anaw please Stewart cheers...

Cheers Stewart, I'd like a ticket...

Put me down if theres still tickets left.
Im going dressed as a pint of guiness

Mark and Veggie, your places are booked.

Whats I_10's excuse again, New York or summit? The real St Patricks day celebrations have always been in Berwick or they will be after the game!

To be sure to be sure i'll be there!

Baby G I'm still waiting for your reply, been on the Staropramen again? I've got you pencilled in anyway.

Stu the Blue and Colin are you guys interested?

I forgot to say that I have photograph proof that Santa Claus is an East Fife fan. I got my picture taken with the big man in Lapland holding the Fife scarf!

Mrs Claus wasn't there though

Why? Have you missed your Mummy whilst you've been away?

No no! Sitting in her lap appeals more to me than the bearded man!

But she's about 100 years old. Oh well, whatever floats your boat!

Beauty comes with age! Obviously there was an exception made for me though

I'm a no i'm afraid. booo-hoooo.

Please keep a couple of tickets for me and Stu.

Thanks.

Cheers Colin, that's 10 of us now, so £6 a head it is. Meet in Coopers at Waverley from 12.00, for 13.03 to Berwick gets in at 13.53.

Tel me,why do none of you ever go on the supporters bus?

coz yi dinney get a tea & a muffin.

(to calrify .... by 'muffin' I am refering to a cake, and not an act of passion!)

Have things gone downhill?
I thought it was coffee and shortbread!

It's only the lower class of first class that lower the tone and drink tea and eat muffins Eugene. Fear not, I still have coffee and shortbread!

Curious - the train is a brilliant laugh and the banter, oh the banter, is good!

Also - BUSCBER doesn't have the same ring to it that BURGER does.

This is a reply to Curious regarding why the Burger Boys do not go on the bus.

Let me state this my own opinion as why the Burger Boys travel by train is they can have a few beers on the train and the banter is out of this world, just like it was on the way home from the Montrose game, also one can visit with one another, at different parts of the train.

On the bus one has to stay seated at all times, and no alcohol is allowed on the bus.

I do both when I come across the pond I travel on the supporters bus as well as travel by the train with the Burger Boys.

Curious you should try a train trip at least once with the Burger Boys or are you an old Fuddy Duddy ???????

Although I use the name Big Rab everybody knows me why don't you come out and give us your name.

Stewart and company wish I could be with you at Berwick as it is my birthday and I would indulge on a few extra Shandies if I were there.

All the best to my train buddies.

Spot on Rab. Where else could you poke fun at Dunfermline fans with pink cowboy hats or meet swampy look-a-likes or planespotters on their way back from Leuchars. Oh I forgot there are the beers!!We'll raise a glass for you on your birthday!

For the record I am in the supporters club but living in Dufermline makes it easier taking the train to games especially oop North.

Lee, all tickets gone for the train to Berwick, I did text you last week but heard nowt. I'll try and work something out.

For the record I am also a member of the supporters club.

me anaw

FFS Big Rab,I was just asking a question and wasn`t trying to be smart,unlike you I may add.
So what if I didn`t post my name.You will find that happens a lot on this Forum!

Curious - I have read Rab's post a few times and I can't see where he is being a smarty pants.

I think he is merely pointing out that you should join us on a train journey.

I`m Teetotal!

Curious as I have stated I travel with the Burger Boys on the train for the banter and the fun not the ALCOHOL.

I myself do not drink on the train, I limit my self to a one pint lager shandy at the pub or hotel the Burger Boys go to on arrival at their destiation.

Why don't you GO on a trip with them I am sure you would enjoy the fun and banter.

I had never met any of the boys prior to going to the Elgin game in October last year, and I can honestly say they made me more than welcome.

I have travelled on the EFS bus to Stenhousemuir last year and to Hampden this year and again was was made very welcome the only person I knew before I went to Stenhousemuir was Dave Marshall.

Don't be an old Fuddy Duddy try one trip with the Burger boys.

Lastly as I walk with a cane the Boys always wait for me and see I am never left behind.

HOPEFULLY THE NEXT TIME I COME ACROSS THE POND IT WILL BE IN FITBA SEASON AND i CAN GO ON A TRAIN TRIP
WITH THE BOYS.

I ticket available on trip down on Saturday on the train if anyone wants it, think you'd be able to get a single back for £8ish.

Don't want to be a spoilsport but has it not been suggested that next Saturday is a strike day for the railways?

Yes, but so were the 2 days from Wednesday last week and trains still ran albeit not so many and North of here forget it. Might not happen anyhoo. I take it you'll be offering alternative travel in your 13 seater Eugene if push comes to shove!

Are there 13 people brave enough to accept?

the 13 brave enough were all at the last supper

Back from Finland and vocal chords have been well rested! What train are the KDY branch of the Burger Boys getting on Saturday and Stewart are there any spare tickets as the fare dodger might be interested.

Welcome back Mikey, hope you've got some Finnish chants for us to try out! Should be Stu the Blue, Colin, Veggie and Dom at KDY we'll get the same train at Inverkeithing. The 10.58 at KDY is most likely gets into Waverley just before 12. I do have a spare ticket if FD wants to go.

Cheers Stewart, will let you know tomorrow if he wants to go!

Sorry no Finnish chants but I do have a Tampere United FC blow up hammer if that counts

Stewart remember the Fare Dodger owes the Burger Boys a round of drinks after his Elgin escapade !!!!!!!!!

I think you might have just scared him off Rab! But if not, make mine a Guinness.

Can you keep that last ticket for the fare dodger ta!

Guiness all round!

Mikey is back!

It's hard to believe but not impossible.

The boy's a nutter!