Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Berwick Trust Pub Quiz

Berwick Supporters' Trust are holding a pub quiz in the Black and Gold on Saturday 17th March. Kick off is at 12:30pm.

All supporters are invited to join in. The cost is £1 per head. This includes a light buffet and there is a £40 cash prize for the winning team. The banter comes free and numbers per team are limited to 4.

I hope that many of the Fife fans will attend and hopefully make it a double for the Fife on the 17th! Anyone who requires more information can contact me.

Re: Berwick Trust Pub Quiz

That would have been good. Unfortunately we'll still be in Edinburry at 12.30pm...

Maybe Angus! I am hoping that someone will give me a lift down so I can join in and then return on the train with you lot (if the tickets don't get lost/stolen!).

Eugene - you going?

Yip but I'm leaving from - eh well not Dundee.

If time works out I quite fancy the quiz - got to recover my reputation somehow!

Can you just join in when you get there or do you have to let them know for definite beforehand?

Kerriann

I might be up for that.

So that's the brains and the beauty sorted out

Kerriann

Just read your post properly and we could possibly pick you up en route. I will have to discuss our leaving time with the decision maker and will get back to you.
Mind you she is already overwhelmed at the thought of attending her first East Fife match so I'm not sure if the excitement of a quiz on top may prove too much.

You don't have to let them know beforehand, just turn up.

Goodness me. GoF or Eugene's driving. Which one is the lesser of two evils?!!

GoF - if you're leaving fae Fife then it would be good if you could pick me up. Eugene, if you're leaving from elsewhere then hopefully I will survive the trip with GoF!

Important questions - GoF, am I allowed refreshments of the alcoholic sort in your vehicle and do you think you will manage to make it to Berwick for half past 12?

I will be leaving from Fife and furthermore I can provide testimonials relating to the safety and comfort of my driving.

Unless of course there are any confusing roadworks at roundabouts in the vicinity of Glenrothes - I seem to find these a wee bit confusing.

*flashback*

It won't be a true flashback if you manage to make it in time GoF! Also, remember to find out the way to go yourself! You may recall my last attempt at pointing out the correct route!

Confirm if you are definitely going GoF pls so I can confirm to the Trust folk at Berwick that I'm going to be on time!

Eugene, I may still require a lift! I didn't know if you were going fae Fife so didn't want to put you too much out the way. I promise to be on my best behaviour and not criticise your driving.

**Kerriann goes off to find some blinkers to help her journey**

Yeah I'll definitely take you down (mofo) (felt it needed that to end properly).

But we'd need more than two I'd think, so hopefully Eugene too. Maybe even Jung Lee if he can't make it onto the train.

me n Jakey are heading down and if theres a bar close to the quiz then we'd be up for some guessing however if u already hav 4 we will just do the bar option.

The quiz is taking place in the bar at the ground. Handy or what!!

How come it is showing an hour ahead when I posted that? Most confused I am.

Are you in Portugal?

(GoF will explain on the way to Berwick).

Kerriann

I'm taking Papa G and Funsize G down now too.

You wanting to come with us or risk life, limb and a fear of cones with Eugene?

I am doing the latter I'm afraid. If I spot any cones I will just scream like the big girl I am to warn him.

I am trying to work out a way that the BURGER Boys can join in the quiz from their train carraige! Or maybe the Fat Controller will be a total anorak and organize something else!

I was going to say that we'll race you down just for a laugh but I fear that we might do that anyway.

(please note that I am joking Eugene, well mostly)

Might just manage this as i'm getting train at Kings Cross about 8am

Subject to the Supporters Club Bus

I'm in!

you can text me for the answers at any time Lone. make you look well intelligent

i'll join in the quiz if the bus is there on time.

From what I have heard from Dave, the bus will be about half an hour too late. There's bound to be a way round this though!

All suggestions welcome!

Might help if he doesn`t go through Dunfermline!

Don't think he's picking up in Dunfermline. If he is, it's nowt to do with me!

Kerriann,I know he doesn`t pick up in Dunfermline...he just drives through it!!!

It is undoubtedely one of the mysteries of the modern world!

Hmmm, strange one right enough! Maybe it was on his bus route once and it's the only way he knows!!

FAO All the SC Bus Travellers -

Pray the bus turns up on time, all the travellers turn up on time and then tell the driver to shift his bus as fast as is legal! Make no stops - everyone go for a wee wee before they get on the bus and then you might just make it on time!

Could we not enter as "the bus" and play via mobile phone with a proxy on site?

It`s just like On The Buses when Stan used to go on a detour to let randy Jack visit his lady friends when their men were at work.