Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
We rode our luck today

After an excellent start i think we pretty much rode
our luck the majority of the game today.

Blackadder and Gibson were passengers and were rightly
sustituted but we just didn't seem to get going.

It was always a big hump up the park and the
midfield were missing for the best part of the game
with it looking like 2 up front and the other 9 back
in defence.

The playing surface and wind didn't help but both
teams had to contend with that and i think with a
bit more composure Shire could've caused an upset
today.

Not getting away from it we got out of jail a bit
and ended up with a hard fought win so lets keep it
going.

C'MON THE FIFE!!

Re: We rode our luck today

What was Slackadders reaction to getting hooked? About time!

Not much in the way of a reaction from Blackadder
when he was hooked but the guy has no pace and with
the long ball style that we played today he should
never have started the game.

We did ride our luck a bit at times and could have been punished by a better side.
On a bright note, it's good to get back to playing poorly but winning. Thought we were much better when Jabba and Gordon came on for the totally ineffective Gibson & Blackadder. Unlike Baikie to make the substitutions so early in the second half.
Paul Ritchie has made a real impact these past few games and proved a lot of doubters wrong (including me).

Sorry Guys

Got to disagree
Blackadder is a really good football player and some of his touches are superb.

Gibson is a football player and today's pitch was never made for his tidy game.

Blackadder failed to exert any influence, he is fast becoming East Fife's answer to Thomas Gravesen.

SJ what do you mean by fast becoming East Fife's
answer to Thomas Graveson??
I take it your meaning Waste of Money

Think he means he's a slaphead

Blackadder undoubtedly has a great deal of technical ability but that's no good when you have a central midfielder who rarely completes a pass to his own team mates and rarely tackles.

He was excellent during the opening months of the season, I do hope that a couple of weeks on the sidelines will change his attitude or confidence, whichever has been casusing his poor performances.

I don't think Ryan lacks confidence as some of the passes and shots he attempts are outrageous at times.
Just wish he'd harness that undoubted ability and play more for the team and leave the showboating until the game is well and truly won.
At the start of the season he was deservedly praised for his sparkling performances and hopefully that will return for the run-in as he plays a huge part in getting us promotion.

The skill and ability are undoubtedly there and was seen at the beginning of the season. Unless DB or Ryan himself can influence/use that ability properly he will go the way of hundreds before him and drift into obscurity. About the only defence I can put up for him is that we do not play the type of game where
midfield skill is at a premium.