Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Can We Get the Play-Offs or not?

Can we be in the same postion as this at the end of the season or no?

Re: Can We Get the Play-Offs or not?

We can be higher up in the league.
Yes weve been poor the last 2 weeks but ive got faith in the players.

C`Mon the Fife!!!

Yes.

As Souness would say "For sure" Hey is Frank Hadden related to him. If you close your eyes they sound the same.

We'll have the answer to the question in the next 2 weeks. Away to Berwick next sat...then home to Dumbarton midweek before away to the Sons on the Sunday. If we pick up say 7 points from these games then I'd say we're a great bet for the play offs. Lose all three games and it's another year in Div 3

It's all about nerve and bottle now. The Dumbarton slump has come at a good time for us and hopefully the defeat for Berwick yesterday will be the start of one for them too. Arbroath and QP are pretty steady right now though and our confidence must be good too, but it really is going to come down to the wire.

Absolutely!

like selkirk fifer says we will know in two weeks,but I reckon if we beat berwick and dumbarton we will win the league not just a play off place.good price for us just now 14/1 with ladbrokes

We could of been top of this leauge only if we could of beet lyks of Berwick, Stenny ,shires at home and Montrose

Im the same as Zak if we beat Berwick and Dumbarton twice in the next 3 games i think well win the league.

Although the next few games are important everyone is going to drop points between now and the end of the season.

Think it may well go down to the last couple of games, can't see us winning the league but there is a good chance of making the play-offs

Have faith our manager is a genious, mark my words he has been planning this end to the season all along. We have just been toying with their heads. Watch us put 6 past the English on Saturday. ??

Alot to do but then again I remeber being 2-0 down sat watching our promotion hopes falter at Broadwood afew years ago. Ten minutes later and Stevie Chalmers comes on and its 2-2 were in the first Divison.. Mind you we did have God on our side.

Course we can do it WE'RE FIFE !