Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
19s tomorrow

Youth team are at Bayview tomorrow I believe? Considering the visit. Anyone else going?

Re: 19s tomorrow

Personally, I'll be at the charity match in Tayport tomorrow, but I would like to have taken in the U19s at home to Hamilton as well.
I've seen the last two games against Raith and Clyde (as well as a few others earlier in the season) and both were very entertaining. We came from two goals down in both games; drew with Raith but unfortunately lost narrowly to Clyde.
The U19s have some really skilful and entertaining players who give their best. If you go along, look out in particular for Stuart Cargill (blonde haired guy, usually no.11, finds the net more often than not), Jordyn Sheerin (always there or thereabouts in the penalty box, probably no.10, scores loads of goals too) and Luke Lava (very athletic, extremely agile, may be used as a 'scoring substitute'). You can see photos of almost all the U19s on the official site to familiarise yourself with the players before you go. If the last two matches are anything to go by, you won't be disappointed!

am goin...anybody else goin today?

We lost 3-0 today to a very good Hamilton team.Lost two goals in 5 minutes just before half-time.Another goal early in the second-half sealed the game for the visitors.