Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
No.12 for East Fife today

Who was he? I heard a rumour he was the son of 1970's East Fife player Peter McQuade. Can anyone confirm this? Looked a pretty good player.

Re: No.12 for East Fife today

He did look like him a bit he is quite nifty,peter was at the game today.

Yes,that was him Jim.His Dad was also at the game.

Would never have recognised him!
Nice touch though...

Paul McQuade was a pupil at St Andrew's High School. He played for Fife Schools - not sure about Schools International caps. He was on the books at Dunfermline - has he maybe been released and the Fife are interested ??

ran into Peter and his son after the game in the Tayport Arms .Paul has returned from a scholarship in the US currently with Dundonald Bluebell - formerly skillseeker with Raith Rovers!Peter is tremendous value for his colour tv story in the Jim Baxter era.Have to say i thought Lloyd Young showed great ability today.

Bob.
Would love to hear the colour TV story. Can you share it with us?

Sorry,Angus copywright Peter McQuade.It refers of course to the season when we survived in the old top league and Joe Hughes scored at Motherwell.Players were rewarded with colour Tvs - story then starts to get interesting.

Angus, you've dissapointed me. I thought you would know the story of the TV's given to the team as a bonus for getting promoted in 1971 I think it was? Jogged your memory yet?

Bob, I am on the right track just got the signals crossed a wee bit!

your right stewart,angusfifer if you had turned up at the legends days you would have heard the story plus many others great days out hearing all the capers they used to get up to