Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Team for Wednesday

Game v Dumbarton is now huge in terms of the play-offs which is our realistic target now. We need to get a win and after Dumbarton's thrashing at Stenny who should start for us ??
I'd like to see us be more attack minded. How about -

Dodds
Smith Smart McDonald McBride
Walker Jablonski Young
Nicholas
O'Reilly Ritchie

Re: Team for Wednesday

Dodds
Smith Smart Doyle McBride
Walker McDonald Young
Nicholas
O`Reilly Ritchie

Would only make the one change for wed nyt

Attack minded! Bottler Baikie will once again set his team out not to lose rather than try to win.
Considering the resources he has,it is a bloody disgrace wher we are this season.I was never Jim Moffats biggest fan,but I would bet he could have done more than Baikie this season.

this better be a wining teem not lyk saturdays performence lyk 2-0 ti berwick

And a think ma Llyod Young should gt a start coz he played gd against berwick even tho we lost 2-0

Are you lot going to put on a show for us Raith fans or will it be more of the same v Dumbarton

I fear it's going to be a woeful game, particularly if it's windy.

One thing you noticed on Saturday was that Berwick were playing like the team two down and were chasing everything.

As it's a must not lose game I fear a defensive line up with O'Reilly on his own up front and Ritchie playing deeper and almost a midfield role.

Think you're right GoF. Baikie will be very pleased with two draws from the upcoming double header with Dumbarton. Will not make for pretty viewing.

1 Goalie,7 defenders,2 midfielders and a forward. and Stevie Nicholas on the bench.
Once again,a game where Bottler Baikie will try not to get beat rather than try to win.

I wish folk would stop going on about Stevie Nicholas,he has done nothing since he came back,I think everyone thought he was going to be a saviour of our woeful run that we were going through,but he has nothing not even at the tayport game,he does not impress me

Well he can`t do very much sitting on the bench can he?

my team would be if not for injurys

DODDS
SMITH SMART MCGOWAN MCBRIDE
GORDON YOUNG WALKER
JABBA
ORIELLY RICHIE

We need to win this one so I dont care who plays as long as its with heart and passion.
I think Baikie should go for it, surprise the opposition by fielding an attacking line up, dont care if we lose goals as long as we score more than them.

Just got home the now and it's baltic, so it's going to be absolutely freezing the night. Let's have a team of hardy souls and no wusses

my team would def consist of Ross in goal! i want rid of ryan blackadder he is a joke never should have started on saturday ... Jabbas goals are as dry as the grand canyon right now so leave him off. i want craig oreilly to get his head back in the game and deliver a greta performance like only he can!

concerned party are u havin a laugh. dodds has played the last 5 games, we have lost 1 and won the rest and u want him dropped (when ross was in goal how many games did we win). surely u've not been at the games. as 4 blackadder and jabba they are our 2 best players along with j smart. just because they go through a bad run of form doesn't mean they should b dropped. get behind the team. u fool