Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Georgia 7/1

What a price!

Re: Georgia 7/1

Worth a punt i reckon, crazy odds, obviously i dont want it happening but hell it would soften the blow.

I've doubled them up with Wales at 10/3, £2 = £60

u mad fools theres only ever 1 winner n thats the bookies - onywho scotland scotland derrare derrare derrarera derrerare (the fratellis) etc

Scotland won cos I bet against them...

Igor... nae luck!
Atmosphere when Scotand scored their 2nd today was priceless.. (Fratellis, Proclaimers chanting at the end was awesome) never felt as happy since O'Reilly scored on Tuesday. Come on the fife lets do it tomorrow for a nice wee treble and a perfect week.

Lonefifer, the cd never gets back on the CLITS bus.

I cannot believe that folk would bet against the team they are supporting. It's nothing to do with softening the blow - it's just wrong!!!

I'm all bruised after the celebrations of the first goal! I think about 3 blokes landed on my leg and side! Huge thanks to Rothes Fifer who managed to lift me to safety before I needed first aid!!!

Was in the family section with my son at Hampden. Why do i follow teams that leave you nervy, anxious and sitting on the edge for 90 mins!!

Had a great view of the 1st goal, great header but must admit felt Georgia played the better of the 1st half.

Big change when Scotty Brown came on. Must also hold my hand up & was looking for Maloney to come on instead of Beattie!! Glad i'm not Scotland manager!!

As for the last 5 mins!! When the second went in it was immense!! Then the nail biting kicked in, which was hard as i had none left from Wednesday night.

Can't go to Dumbarton today. My nerves canny take it!!

Times like this is when you get homesick. Scotland win and then the Fife the following day... never thought I'd miss crappy 3rd div footie as much. Then again, I've been in the pub for 4 hrs and a bit 'tired and emotional'!

jojo that was a class CD, it had all the greats like Que sera sera, Fergies Fusiliers, the Ballad of Kenny Dalglish and Allys Tartan Army (surely the best lyric ever - ''AND THE ENGLISH CANNY DAE IT COZ THEY DIDNAE QUALIFY'')

'Big change when Scotty Brown came on. Must also hold my hand up & was looking for Maloney to come on instead of Beattie!! Glad i'm not Scotland manager!!'

Totally agree Mike. I didn't think they were good substitutions but then I'm a girl! Whaddo I know?!

Mike was never any good at footie , thats why he bacame a referee

Was in the south stand and got a perfect view of Beatties sclaff, the atmosphere at the end was brilliant, I bet all those numpties that left with 5 to go will be pig sick (although there were not that many to be fair)

Lonefifer

Can I just add my pleas that that CD never darkens our lugs again.

Thank you.

Scotland are 11.5 on Betfair to beat Italy.

£5 = £57.50

With my betting record i'm sure you will encourage me to stay clear!

Kerriann- Dunno what that implies in regard to my judgement!! Either I think like a woman or we both have the same football brain! Either way its a scary thought!! Just heading of to do some ironing. OOPS!!

Libero - Any more from you and i'll .........er well just try it!!!!