Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Today's Game

Not able to make it through today.

According to Footymad, our team is:

Dodds, Doyle, McBride, Smart, McDonald, Gibson, Young, Jablonski, Walker, Ritchie, O'Reilly (in some other order numberwise I'd presume)

Still 0-0. Good to see Walker back in the starting eleven.

C'mon the Fife

Re: Today's Game

Goal!

1-0 Fife. Lloyd Young

Ya dancer!

Looking like 4th place will play Stranraer who're 4 nil down down at home to Cowdung.

looks like another day for praying and finger biting, but it wouldnt be East Fife without it :-)

2-0

ya beauty, 52 mins to go

jonathan smart 38 mins

This is even more nerveracking when you discover the page you're watching isn't updating!

That should give us a nice wee cushion now anyway.

What a good few days this could be

I see our Cowdensmelly friend Mr Winter has been sent off. How unfortunate

2-0 final score!! That surely puts us in the play-offs. Doesn't it?

Don't want to tempt fate, but you'd think so!

Not sure who we'd be best playing in them to start with. Stranraer seem dire, but so are we at times.

Cracking 6 points to pick up though.

Well done to all the guys. You did us proud.

we'd better watch,we could still overtake queens park and have a more difficult play-off.

If we do reach the paly-offs I think we would be better off playing Stranraer. They don't win many games and their confidence cannot be very high.

Great result :) good performance aswell, comfortable victory!!! First goal good shot by Lloyd Young from edge of box and second goal a header from a free-kick by Smart, could have been more :)

I suppose we'd be better playing Stranraer first, then we'd only have to beat one out of Berwick/Arbroath/QP to go up instead of maybe two of them.

how do play affs work?

If the season ended today:
Berwick go up, Forfar come down ... East Fife play Stranraer (home and away) ... QP play Arbroath (home and away) ... winners of those two play each other (home and away) for second promotion slot ... there's a formula for the home and away schedule ... check the SFL web site for the "playoff rules" ... I think Stranraer come to Bayview for the first game ...

Fair play to you lot for turning that slump in form around and making the play offs after all. Fourth place looks like the best place to finish at the moment considering the Stranraer result today, although Rovers are playing them on Saturday so I don't want to write them off yet!

If it is Stanraer,we would play them away first on the Wednesday and the return at New Bayview on the Saturday.

Eck,is it not the team that finishes 4th play there first game at home on the Wed night and away on the Sat?

Great result today, 2 wins and a draw will secure a play off place, but if Dumbarton continue this form it could be sooner.

The main thing is that we keep winning right into the play offs, there can be no let off!

We played really well on Sunday, and should have scored more than 2.

Dumbarton were really poor but we didn't allow them to play and well done to Baikie for getting the team spot on for this one. A centre half pairing of Smarty and McDonald looks solid.

The midfield played well with Young and Jabba working hard.

Ritchie, has had a bit of stick, but I think we are seeing the best of him now and he links up well with O'Reilly who is improving every game and is full of confidence.

Looks like that bad spell is behind us with 5 wins from our last 6 games and the play-off spot is almost ours.

Good to be a Fifer again

I was a big critic of Ritchie but it seems he's coming good at last, do you think he'll have one more season in him? If we keep hold of O'Reilly they'd make a good strikeforce next season (hopefully in Div2)