Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BURGER Fancy Dress Express 28/04/07

You've got a month to get your outfits ready for the Arbroath game. Let me know who's going and I'll book tickets soon as. £10 return.

Re: BURGER Fancy Dress Express 28/04/07

Me!
A day return from Arbroath please...

I'd like to join your merry band of men (and women) for the day, can I pay you at Albion game the week before??

What should I go as this year?

Fidel's corpse

Got my outfit sussed but gonna go on the bus. promises to be a great day no matter what now that we've all but secured 4th place.

As discussed on Sunday,it looks like the guys and gals on the bus may well be going "dressed up"

ive got a beauty o an outfit will i get on the bus wi a wheelbarry.

I think i'll dress up as an ex-hippy schoolteacher

me me me me.

Me anaw.

Count me and fare dodger in. Rumour has it that he is going as a Scotrail ticket (Not GNER, Stewart, as we might lose him).

Igor, I'll see you at the Albion game then. Fraid the £10 return disnae stretch to London and back, just Edinburgh,Kirkcaldy to Arbroath etc.

Angus, I'll do you a special deal

Dont know bout the paw yet stew. but i'll be there.. what to wear what to wear..

Anniversary on 28th. She disnae like footie and i love going to the Tatties Nuek and i luv going on the bus. i Luv East Fife!!!How do i get out of this one???

"Anniversary on 28th. She disnae like footie and i love going to the Tatties Nuek and i luv going on the bus. i Luv East Fife!!!How do i get out of this one??? "

Easy, go to the game and take her out later in fancy dress.

'You can change your wife but you can't change your football team.'

I'll be there, just need to sort out a costume...

4 More tkts booked, might have 2 tkts spare, £10 return regardlesss of stop.

igor - you worked out your costume yet?

I heard you take fancy dress quite seriously - did you no' dress up as a hippy for a couple of years!?!?!

Couple of tickets still spare at £10 each. Train times for Saturday are:

Out

EDINBURGH 11.06
INVERKEITH 11.25
KIRKCALDY 11.40
MARKINCH 11.50
ARBROATH 12.39

Return

ARBROATH 18.17
MARKINCH 19.05
KIRKCALDY 19.14
INVERKEITH 19.31
EDINBURGH 19.59

Hope you've all got your outfits.

I'm going as a grey haired Johnny Mitchell

A should go as Casper the ghost... Just in case that TIT wae the specs wants to start a fight again!! At bleast the force will be with me this time...

Angus Fifer spoke to you in the Brig last saturday canny remember where yi said to go for a beer in Arbroath

The Millgate is where we normally go. Just down from the train station. If you're driving, park at the ground and walk up Millgate Loan (left off the dual carrigeway) towards the town centre.
The Millgate is about 300/ 400 yards on your left.
Has satellite TV and food, and you're more likely to get a seat there than in Tuttie's...

Just look out for the chicken, the dogs,superman the nun etc etc..

THE POLIS

Remember to show proper respect for Her Majesty's Constabulary young Igor.

No obscene gestures with truncheons or racy poses with the checked bunnet.

Have a jolly time. Would be joining you but am being dragged away to Madrid for a few days.

Say hello to Beckham and family from us all.

No probs.

If he asks about coming to stay in Methil and playing for East Fife I'll put him in touch with Derrick to handle negotiations.

Zaks already covered that one

looks like we are all gonna have a great day ahead of us and it will be even better if we win the game but as yous all know we obviously will WIN

Allo Allo, bonjour!!
Je m'apelle Le Cheval et I am, ow you say, a deeestant cousin of un supporteur de Fife de l'Est. I am dans, er ow you say, I am EEN Dundee pour le Farmers Market, aven mon onions. Aujourd'hui je pense, pardon, ow you say, I THEEENK I go to Arbroath on Saturday pour voir le jouer de football weeth les Lichties Rouge.
I wonder ... weel eet be OK for moi to get zee train at le Gare de Dundee avec les autres supporteurs? A quell heur .. pardon .. at vot time ees zee train at le Gare de Dundee?
'Opefully I weel see you on Samedi. Merci, bon chance et au revoir!!

Bonsoir Le Cheval nous sommes tres enchante pour tu a visite le train a Dundee pour le retour journee a Arbroath.

Merci, merci, mon ami! (ou amie?)
I wonderrrrr, ow you say, wheech carriage weel you be dans, dans la chemin de fer? Hee Ho Hee Ho!

OIGNONS, OIGNONS, TRENTE-TROIS CENTIMES LE DEMI-KILO!!

the timing of the return train means i'll be tucked up in bed by 7:30. Any of the BURGER radges fancy a few beers en route home? Dundee perhaps?

But that means you'll be asleep in a pub in Dundee instead of at home, what use is that?