Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Programme Awards

We have climbed up to third bottom!

Totally unbelievable after all the hard work that's gone into the programme since last year.

Re: Programme Awards

Baw heed Bob probably fucked it

AND WHO WON THE DIV 2 AWARD.

WHO CARES?

Btw, RR1, how long did it take you to think up your screen name? 'Cause that is sheer genious!

The programme has come a long way recently. I particularly like Tam Courts' column and of course the photographs ( ).
I think the competition is pretty stiff though; some good, professionaly produced programmes out there...

The programme is certainly an improvement on previous years Jim.

Is there a reason there's no fixture list included?
Maybe other supporters have ideas on what would make a better programme and could make contributions or become more involved?

RR1, who did win the Div 2 programme of the year?

Jeff - I thought about that last night after posting on here. What does everyone want to see in the programme? Maybe it would be a good idea to have a questionnaire handed out at a home game inviting ideas and constructive criticism. I'll have a word with the editor and the others who help produce the programme.

I sent that interview in and as far as I know it wasn't used? (not meaning to go on about it or anything..)

J
I have purchased everyone and what a fantastic read,win,lose or draw.
Just for you EF fans, last time we won it we went up,good ehh.

who gives a shit who won the 2nd div? Away and play with your non-existant pals on the rover's site.

uv more pals than you lot get at a home game ya twat.

Uv? Ya? God, what school did you go to? Certainly not the one I went to...

HB, which school taught you that it should be Rover's and not Rovers?

I must do better in class
I must do better in class
I must do better in claszzzzz...

Ok, typing is not a strong point with me... You seem to stick up for the other muppet a lot. You sure you are not the same guy? Maybe you live together? Only God knows, and cares...

igor - you're article should be in eventually. Fiona asked me for a photo to go with it but unfortunately I didn't have one.
I had a look through this season's programmes from other clubs last night and I can honestly say we're way ahead of Elgin City and Stenhousemuir. In my opinion we're also marginally better than East Stirlingshire (although 'shire do produce a good value for money programme at a pound) and Berwick (way over priced at £2). We're on a par with Dumbarton and not as good as Montrose or Albion Rovers. I haven't got copies of Queen's Park or Arbroath to judge.
Hopefully we can improve again next season and be up there challenging for the title!

RR1 are the details of the Coldplay gig at Pratt Street in your programme? They did seem very keen to help you lot out. All the Rover's fans at my work, said that they were definately playing there. That was quite a while ago mind. Must be reassuring to have such a big and loyal support.

what do you think will happen to all the 'celeb' fans, when GB loses the next election?

DHAS.
Just shows how gullible you are if you believe all of what other people say. Maybe you are easy target at work or just hang on other peoples words. I have one person at work like that. Sad, but thats what makes the world go round.

HB
The only celb you lot have is The Duke Of Edinburgh & you know what he said about that area.
Who cares who wins the next election.As always tho, no investment for methil.

You do not care who wins the next election? If the Tories win, they might just cut your DLA you know...

Yes, Fife is a depressed area in terms of investment and employment. Lochgelly is the cheapest place in the UK to buy a house and it's grim reading.

Shouldn't your biggest fan feel a little bit ashamed of that?

Will he do anything about it? Will he fuck, because he is chasing middle Englands vote. Bought and sold for English gold, such a parcel of rogues in a nation. If that's your celeb fan, you can keep him. At least East Fife fans know where they come from, and they do not say that Gazza'a goal was the best they have seen. Pathetic

RR1, you are right I am gullible. Now where is that list of Italian Strikers that could sign for my wee diddy team? It will be in my book just after the entry for French DJs.

Igor

Your article is in this weeks programme, I have been waiting until I had two free pages so I could put it all in together, sorry for the delay.

I am open to new ideas and articles, it is difficult to continually receive information so I would be more than happy if people want to contribute. We need to get a balance between adverts (which pays for the programme) and what the fans want to read.

As for the programme awards they don't bother me too much as I have found out that it is only the chosen few who get to vote! I as a programme editor for East Fife did not get a vote! Makes you wonder who is voting

Jim's photographs have been a welcome addition this season and Alan Henderson has sent regular match reports, so I would like to thank them for their contribution. I hope next season to work towards additional colour pages so the fans can see the photographs in colour throughout the programme and additional report would be welcome.

So if anyone wants to help speak to Jim or me!

Thanks Fiona, from what i've seen the programme has been a great improvement on recent efforts, well done to everyone involved and keep up the good work.

I think the programme has improved vastly,and I even got my photo in it,seriously it is a lot better than last year.I only bought one last year I have only failed to get one this year.Ross County.

Just to add to what Fiona's said above, I think Alan Henderson's match reports have been great this season. They're actually 'readable' compared to other club's efforts. Fairly short and to the point; no unnecessary 'drivel': a 'wee story' rather than the usual humdrum reports that run on for ever and ever and, at the end of the day, just inform the reader of statistical info & goalscorers.
I'm feeling confident for next season if we can keep the same team together.

Hi Fiona

Was wondering if you could drop me a line via http://www.forfarathletic.co.uk/official/contact3.php

Better start making some contacts in the third division methinks!

Best Regards

Kev (Forfar programme dude)

Dunno if it's done in the programme, but could you put in the East Fife result 5, 10, 25, and 50 years ago that Saturday. The Leven mail used to do it, but stopped ages ago. Just an idea...

I agree with JC too many programmes are filled with inane drivel. Our programme on the other hand has short concise articles, it is a ''match day'' programme after all and not a magazine. The club web site and local papers have the heavier hitting stuff, the programme has the ballance just about right.

Okay, forget about the club web site.

hadn't been on the club site for ages, it's improved a lot, but still a bit to go...