Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Play-off preferences

Now that we are odds-on to make the play offs, what is the preferred final league position? Obviously we'd still like to win the league, but that isn't likely now.
Personally, if we're not going to win the league I'd prefer to finish fourth and face the second bottom of the second division. I reckon we've a much better chance against whoever that may be (Stranraer/Peterhead/Alloa) than we would against any of the current top three in the third. Of course, we would still have to beat third division opponents in the final if that was the case, but I still reckon we'd have a better chance that way.

Re: Play-off preferences

You may be right Jim, but I think we just have to try and keep winning, build up a good run of form so they players are confident when the play off's come, and then take who we get.

If my team was EF
I would not want Peterhead as i think they are a wee bit stronger than Alloa or StranR

Players still want the league from reports in papers but in all honesty cant see it happening.
We just need to keep pluggin away and winning everygame till end of the season and see where we finish.
If we finish 4th i want Stranraer,they seem to be so low on confidence and i would fancy our chances against them.

I suppose it doesn't really matter where we finish as the winners of 9th v 4th have to play the winners of 2nd v 3rd so we have to beat the best of the teams involved wherever we finish regardless.

No real advanages or disadvantages other than the home and away preferences.

The good thing is, whatever happens, we'll avoid getting Stranraer (or Peterhead) away from home in midweek, which would be a disadvantage for players and fans alike...

I would prefer the runners up in our league.Think whoever it is will bi gutted by not winning it,and this could be to our advantage,esp if we can still keep our we run going.

Sad how people change there preferences, once we are going to WIN the league. HOW many points will we it by. NOW it is we are happy to be looking at the play- offs. SO WHY I ask, WHY?????.

Lifes a game of snakes & ladders Geffc.