Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
One thousand, nine hundred and thirty eight things to do with a redundant power station...

Open a state of the art, modern gallery.

A lick of paint on the exterior would not go amiss either.

Just back from London and feeling inspired...

Re: One thousand, nine hundred and thirty eight things to do with a redundant power station...

A hotel for opposition teams to stay in on Fridays before a game.

Re: One thousand, nine hundred and thirty eight things to do with a redundant power station...

.... and what was it you were taking down in London, Angus?

Did you see the one in London they changed into a dog's home.

Only saw the one they turned into the Tate Modern TOC...

If it's an art gallery why do they call it Battersea dog's home.

Well, I like it as it is...an ungiving magnificence on our shoreline.

keep the power station its gd
why don't we build a other stand over there

It should be made into a blazer museum, dedicated to former directors of the club and administrators of Scottish football.

The more I think about the idea of a Blazer Museum the more attractive it sounds.
Imagine the publicity leaflet!

Come to the Scottish Blazer Museum – The Home of Redundant Directors

WONDER at the huge range of dark blue blazers

GASP at the size of the expense claims for one trip from Methil to Dumbarton

LISTEN to the gurgle of malt whisky being poured in boardrooms all over Scotland

WATCH the video of directors declaring their undying love for their club (subject to change)

SOLVE the interactive puzzle – “Who Owns the Share”!

And much much more.

Oh yes, a visit to the Scottish Blazer Museum is well worth a visit.

NB No football colours allowed.

I visited the Blazer Museum yesterday, approaching the door I could see a familiar looking toad like wee man with is breeks pulled up to his chest taking the admition fee.

"One please" I said, handing over my £20 to him.

"Whit dae ye want like?" came the snappy reply.

"....to see the museum" I said, confused.

"Why? Folk dinnae want tae see museums noowadays, and besides, i've worked at this entrance for 50 years, and if you think i'm letting you in here then I AM NOT, I AM NOT!!" He ranted.

I was quite shocked by this and insisted on speaking to his superior. After listening to two hours of mind numbing stories about how he single handedly saved the museum from going bust, he grudgingly went off to get his boss.

Ten minutes later he returned with a ten year old girl, who introduced herself as Samantha...

to be continued