Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Computer Problem - any ideas?

When I first power up my laptop, I get the following message:

"The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:WINDOWSsystem32HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."

Is this something to do with the laptop, or is it something to do with software? Any ideas what I should do?

Re: Computer Problem - any ideas?

Got the very same message this morning as well on my pc so not just a laptop thing.

I have it too.

Anything to do with MS Office 2007?

Try this patch issused by Microsoft...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/

I had the problem too, but I'll say thanks to the boy or girl who posted the patch solution. Truly a cyber solution.

Downloaded that, DMB. Will see if it works soon enough!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/

as above should fix the problem,

Azz and DMB - brilliant, fixed in a jiffy!!

You haven't let me down yet, Azz, and I have no hesitation in recommending:

CYBER SOLUTIONS, NORTH STREET, LEVEN

for all your computer needs!

Do they have a telephone number? My daughter (in Scotland) has a notebook problem.

The PHONE # 01-333-439977

Tried your solution, DMB, stunning, are you educated in this sort of thing? Do you have a degree in Strategic Data Mechanistics or the like?

I tried Azz's solution, it seemed to have no effect.

Azz's solution was exactly the same!

Perhaps this goes to show that Azz is not the be all and end all for computing in Levenmouth?

Competition is healthy for the local economy.

Glad I could be of help

FFS - Azz's solution was exactly the same! Why are you guys slagging him off??

"Perhaps this goes to show that Azz is not the be all and end all for computing in Levenmouth?

Competition is healthy for the local economy. "

nope he certainly isn't the be all, always a good thing to have healthy competition it keeps everyone on there toes, still can't see my competitors coming on an inernet forum dishing out free advice.

Blister in the sun of course my solution wouldnt have an effect if you had already tried the first solution unless yours was broken twice?

One nil to Azz!

Hey Jim

if you hit problems with your pc in the future..and you want a quick fix or understanding of the problem just copy some of the text from the error message i.e. "The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory" and do a google search on it. More often or not you will get a shed load of hits detailing solutions/work arounds etc. For the problem you experienced there were hundereds of hits providing a solution. Google man its a way of life.

There should have only been 4 posts in this thread: the three people who had the problem and the bloke who offered the solution.

The rest of you monkeys are fudging the issue.

H. Acker, I might have let you off on another day.