Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Today's Result

For all us exiles East Fife 1 Queens Park 0

QP played with 10 men for 2/3 of the game.

Re: Today's Result

Gonna post this before any Queens fans get on.
Ref was absolute mince not helped by a standside linesman who didn't know when the ball was out of play nor what constituted a foul.
First half was all EF bar a 10 minute period when Dunn brought out a fabulous save from Dodds then missed a good chanc by trying a chip when a blooter would have been better.
We had 2 stonewall penalties turned down within 5 seconds, the first for a foul on O'reilly, the ref played advantage then Jabba's flick as handled just inside the box. Crawford had a grat save from a Smart header before Ronald's moment of pure madness. McBride did have his arms around him & in my opinion should have been booked for his part but Ronald just lashed out with his elbow for a deserved red card. Queue the start of constant booing from QP fans!
At that point I thought QP would be happy to settle for a draw but to their credit they kept trying to get forward at every opportunity. Blackadder caught Dunlop in the face when they challenged for a high ball, sen players booked or sent off before but no action from ref. The booing from the worst losers in the division just got worse & worse!
Jablonski scored from McBride's corner with 19 to go & we could have had a couple more before the end, Young & Ritchie missing good chances but one was enough.
John Dodds had his quietest day since his last one & the bottom line is I think we wantd this one today mre than QP. In the first 20 mins their defence was mince & we should have scored during that period.
QP play some really nice football but today they just weren't good enough! The ref was crap for both sides & no matter what they say Ronald deserved to go.
Smart, Young & Nicholas were absolutely immense for EF & the result was right.

Agree QP supporters were very bad losers.
I couldn't believe it when they actually applauded Ronald off the park after he skelped McBride on the jaw. And this from the supporters of a club who claim to uphold the sporting traditions of the game!
Also - when we're through at Hampden our supporters seem to get a hard time from the stewards for the least wee thing. There's no way we've ever left our seats, though, and stampeded down to the pitch side baying for blood like that lot of sore losers today. Our stewards were far too soft with them.

Good game today especially the first half. Can't believe ref & linesman ignored our 2 back to back penalty claims. Officials were shocking.
QP defence looked shaky to start but settled well and managed to crowd out most of the chances we created around the box.
No failures today - it was a very good team effort.
Good to have a bit atmosphere inside the ground as well. Well done the all inclusives for making a bit of noise.
QP are a very decent side but we seem to have their measure but it looks unlikely we'll meet in the play offs (unless its the final!). Weathersons skill & pace is my main worry about facing them again and they also have an excellent keeper in Crawford.

The "all inclusives " were immense!

Great day, thanks Kenny.

Agree that the all inclusives were fab,pity the rest of the fans didn`t follow suit.

Just to add to that - out behind the goals I can vouch for what the players hear. An awful lot of noise today from the QP supporters, but not much from our own support apart from the 'all inclusives'. Why can't we make the same noise that we do at the away matches?? Like Tom Courts said in his Captain's Report in the programme a few months ago, (maybe not his exact words, sorry TC), the players can certainly hear the crowd - make a noise and encourage them!

superb result. Good to see pics as well..

Good preformance from the Fife today.Q.P seemed to play better with 10 men,esp near the end ov the first half.Thought Youngie was emence today.One ov the best preformances from a Fife midfeilder for a very long time.

Great result against the greeting faced moaning weegies! Every player played well today and special mention to John Dodds who pulled off some class saves and has now kept 4 clean sheets in a row.

Jay Smart was immense again and good to see Jabba score again.

If only we didn't have that mid-season shitty run we would still be in the hunt for the league but still need 1 more win to secure 4th place atleast.

Today's paper says the ref was from Rutherglen. It didn't say whether he was getting a lift back in the QP bus.

i first thought that gibson got the final touch until i heard caroline say it was jabba.
as my vision was a bit clouded due to a few too many pre-match can anyone tell me if jabba goal was a header.

Header? what header? was there a goal too? or a game?
Ya beauty...get in there!

We are the kings of Fife.....