Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Theme Song

To improve the atmosphere at home games, how about East Fife adopting a club song?For example, Rangers play Tina Turner's "Simply the best" when the team comes out onto the pitch (at least they used to).
The song could be played before the team comes out and also when the Fife score a goal.
What about the Proclaimers "500 miles" or "Letter from America" ('Methil no more')?
Or what about nicking "You'll never walk alone" for the fans to sing with their scarves in the air when the might East Fife players run onto the majestic turf?
I think I'm onto a winner here!

Re: Theme Song

I think you are definitely on to a winner here. I think it is a very good idea to have a theme tune, Proclaimers would be perfect and would not only boost the moral of the fans but also as a team as a whole as well!! A very good suggestion!

Tenor 500 miles was to be played when we scored on Sat. The security guy was having problems with the music that's why it wasn't played.As the system is inside and I am outside I have to rely on the sercurity guy in the police room doing it for me. Hope it will be played next home game.

I think Proclaimers is a very bad idea, they support Hibs.

It would be better for all concerned if we were just to hum "Telstar", or maybe even "Sky Men".

Does it matter what is played as when the songs - whatever they are - are played at a sound level that is difficult to hear, what is the point. Whether it is music before the game or at half time or indeed at the end a whisper it does not create an atmosphere unless played at a decent sound level. Has the team this year taken to the field to music on cue?

I think we should go for something original. I love Telstar when we run out.
How about The Proclaimers' "I'm on my way from misery to happiness today" when we score?

telstar ??????????? no way get rid of it .players on the way out = the boys are back in town ( thin lizzy)
score a goal = 2 unlimited . get ready for this

2 unlimited? and then we get a reputation as the gayest team in the league? Telstar all the way.

Run out to 'Cecilia Ann' by The Pixies. 'Song 2' by Blur or 'Glad All Over' by the Rezillos when we score.

East Fife are famed for playing "Telstar", it's a corker.

After a goal, "I'm a Cuckoo" by Belle & Sebastian would go down a treat.

A few to consider for the team arriving on the park

Into the Valley (skids)
Lets Stick together (Roxy Music)
Fields of Fire (Big Country)
Desire (U2)

when we score it would be great to have the saxaphone part of "one Step beyond" by Madness and the whole team does the nutty boy walk in celebration.

I think we should keep Telstar for nostalgia sake but I don't like it! Personally, I think it's rubbish and there is bound to be a more inspiring tune that can be played. However, tradition's tradition!

Would it be too much pfaffing about to ask each player what song they want played when they score? I s'pose it could be a bit of a bugger if you have to scuttle about for the right cd but is an idea.

Fields of Fire - Big Country (when we run out - got my vote). Sounds great at Hampden pre-match.

I think the Pars already use Into the Valley

Kerriann I have spoken to a few players on what song they would like.I will try and get a cd made up but would have to rely on the security boys getting it right. Will try my best for next season.Also as for the sound someone is ment to be looking into it during the closed season.

If you don't like Telstar, you don't like music.

Telstar is utter pish.
As for not playing the Proclaimers coz theyre Hibees is also utter pish, we wouldnt have a theme tune if we only played tunes by an East Fife fan.

We were on national BBC radio recently becaue of Telstar. The DJ couldn't speak highly enough of our club's 'song'. He said that he features a different club every week, and 90 per cent of them have a crap song. Not us, though. I think he said it was one of the best he'd ever heard of

Telstar says 'East Fife'. Play it loud (please), play it proud

Who said that? Wogan?

Having pissed about on youtube a bit this evening, apparently Yeading of the English Conference South also run out to Telstar. Fascinating...

I can't believe the level of opposition to Telstar, as a record, it was ahead of its time. It builds and it builds to a magnificent flourish that fills the mind with wonder.

It was no surprise that top radio DJ Stuart Maconie and that Eugene had a natter about East Fife and Telstar on the nation's most listened to station.

I'd like to nominate "Surfin' Bird".

How about something a bit more modern?

as a club moving into the future, we dont want to be stuck with a song from the past "telstar" "boys are back in town"

i like "I predict a riot".. its bouncy, catchy and everybody knows it. or.. "chelsea dagger" or "empire" by kasabian.

more than likely, this will no doubt be written of by the older sections of fans, but personally i feel that telstar is past it. i know it is something that is sentimental too the club but i think the majority of the fans find it cheesy.

Modern songs stink. Kaiser Chiefs are just twits with guitars. East Fife needs a song that sets them apart from the rest.

"Telstar" is golden and does the trick.

Bring back rattles.

Telestar ...however play it a bit Louder.

or something from Metalica or Black Label Society to strike fear into the opposition.

I was thinking about 'I surrender' by Rainbow for any club Broon is still involved with

most of the songs and bands on here will soon be forgotten. not telstar

i laughed when i read that telstar is supposedly 'cheesy'. when did everything about east fife become 'cool'?

take a trip to morton. they play 'life is life' by Opus before kick-off at every game. experience that, then you will realise how lucky we are

The 'Telstar' album is actually really good and as someone else said, miles ahead of it's time. I think we should play other things too, but Telstar must stay.

Telestar can be ok but its never on cue and on saturday it seemed to start at a really weird bit in the song. I would go for Fields of Fire myself or something more local When Saturday comes/ Take the Hill or Take the pill by Tigers on Vaseline or a Punky Patrol Classic. Seaside by the ordinary boys has a good wee rousing chorus and quite relevant to east fife.

Hows about the moshy bit from "No one knows" by QOTSA.
Used to great effect in the dockland shooting scene in Irvine Welsh& Dean Cavanaghs's recent Wedding Belles.

Telstar is old hat and not very rousing and certainly wont encourage youngsters along

If the youngsters don't want Telstar, we don't want them. They are obviously to narrow-minded to behold its greatness.

The very attitude that put this great club in the mess that Mr Gray is trying to get us out of Geoff or is it Derrick

Chris Moyles is a fat boring twat who would clear Bayview quicker than a fire alarm if he was broadcast over the PA

The supporters club ran a vote in the programme at the start of the season and there was 2 votes for "boys are back in town" and 53 votes for "telstar" thats why its being played.
The club agreed to listen to what the supporters wanted and they wanted telstar.

"into the valley"bi the skids soonds gid ti me,even although they were fi Dunfie.Theres also the opening bit ti "the phantom ov the opera" bi Maiden.It was on a lucazade advert a few eer ago.

As long as we don't land ourselves wi' some drone that we have to go through every single week. I mean, surely even the Celtic and Liverpool fans themselves are seek o' that fecking song by now.

Don't be silly KotS!

Okay Kerriann, I'll come clean. It is a drone, but I'm probably just annoyed cos last night when it came on and I reached for the remote to mute the sound, I dropped my Chocolate Krispie cake on the floor.

What about the Jaws anthem

derrid derrid derrididididid dididid dede didididid etc would scare the feck outta the opposition spesh as we are so close to the sea.

Surely for the last home game to celebrate clinching a place in the play offs we should play Status Quo "Rocking all over the world" when the teams come out. That would without fail get the atmosphere buzzing.

Jimbob - as i said earlier on this post any music would create an atmosphere if it was played at a decent level.

Wouldn't it be nice to hear Karma chameleon banging out of the loud speakers when the studs come out on Saturday!!Hmmm mmm!!

TELSTAR is magic. Is Heinz still alive ?

Dyker - I think the husband & wife team of the Tornadoes may be alive and well and living in Lanzarote. They may even browse this forum now and again!
On holiday last year, we had a tour guide who name dropped the Tornadoes as personal friends quite a few times and I mentioned Telstar and the East Fife connection. She jotted down the AFTN site address and passed it on to them.