Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bayview Choir - Sing, sing or show us yer thing!

It is rumoured that EMI are in negotiations with the Bayview Choir to reform for the Arbroath game.

The Choir's most famous hits include, "The Cowden Family", "Mary fae Methilhill", "The Lion sleeps tonight" and "Away in a Manger".

They hit the headlines in the Sunday Mail, at the unofficial Doug McCracken testimonial, at Stranraer, by throwing carrots and hay at the worst player ever to put on a black and gold jersey. Choir frontman, Stevie Tindal, was later to be offered a square go by the donkey defender. Other scrapes include being cornered by casuals in Glasgow and offering to settle their differences with a quiz.

GOF, Devonfifer, JT (bring your brother), Section J, DHAS, Mini, Pele, Stevie Gillespie, Frootie, the entire Jugs family, Mike Gill, Angusfifer (still recall that solo at Brechin "Oh I never felt more like singin the blues.....") Craigie Bernard, Wayne the widtink, Cocket, Jeff (the one that went raj in the pie stall at Berwick. They scored and Jeff tried to start Bannockburn II by throwing pies at everything English) and everyone else that made an erse of themselves on a regular basis at the segregation fence, are you goin'?

Mind and bring the Benylin

Re: Bayview Choir - Sing, sing or show us yer thing!

Some of us are too old for that kind of stuff now...

Unfortunatley I probably not be there & taking the abuse at some Junior Ground somewhere instead!!

Thats unless I happen to be on the Fife League Cup Final the next day (unlikely as I did the semi final at Ballingry on Tuesday!)

Anyway, Fingers crossed for getting to a play off game.

Ah those were the days. No namby pamby cooking for us, just straw and carrots

Still have the fancams we shot for Soccer AM in the pre Tim and Helen days of the show

Those were the days indeed, but I currently now live in New Zealand... Will be there in spirit though.

Mike,are you a Referee? My God you`ve kept that to yourself!

No he hasnt

Murray, Murray, Murray - I remember us sitting in the Bayview Bar having a couple of sherberts waiting for the donkey to burst in. I was glad he didn't as there was a story doing the rounds that he had stabbed his wife/wife's lover and none of us were looking forward to a razor fight with a maniac.
Your post also got me thinking about the Darlington Six, Mad Dog 20-20 and exploits pre season that resembled something from The Bill. I havent looked at a bottle of Mad Dog since!

Was that the one where half the support that went down and got arrested before the game, only to turn up with 5 mins to go when we were 3 down?

HB - that was the one. Whit a great day oot

Those were the days!
McCraken was the worst player in EFFC history to pull the black and gold on,remember the bus journey down to Stranrear like it was yesterday,and the green grocer askin why we were buying all the sprouts and carrots! will be up for the Albion game and possably the Arbroath game,Pished of course.........

I remember spending a Friday afternoon in work before going to Stranraer making donkey ears!!...they were the days....role on Arbroath!!

Here DevonFifer, I thought we were going to be OK with the the polis in Darlington when you said "Let me have a word wi them", next thing I new we had a cell each with en suite shitter in the corner for company. Best laugh was Jock claiming Police brutality and when we got oot we marched to the game singing "if ye hate the f*ckin polis clap yer hands" then walked through the away away chanting "we are the EF the EFFC". We were so pissed I though we were just 3-0 down and it was half time.
Also remember Alloa away givin the Donkey pelters and him looking into the crowd at us and rather than passing to an EF team mate tae bashing it straight at us only to miss by miles, what a fud!

Will be there and will try and drag Smally along anaw.

Want Berwick in the play offs. Think I can remember a pub called the Brown, or maybe the Black Bear, in Berwick. Can definately remember Bertie Bald, sittin', oot of his face on Becks, in the middle of Dixons, in the High St, in Berwick. He sat there with his head almost in his lap calling everyone an English bastard. Then being met by ones that had come down earlier and spent the day shoplifting out of the open air market.

Last memory of that day was looking at the railway line at Berwick Station and asking why there was a kettle and microwave on the line. Someone told me that they had just fetched them out of the Station Masters office. That apparently would teach the English bastard!

The Brown Bear is rubbish now. I think it's changed owners recently and they are not too welcoming of football fans. Or maybe it was just us!