Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Design a strip

Winners up on official site, well done Forest Fifer hope it's a good one!

Re: Design a strip

whoars the new strip,lets see it then.

When is the official launch..or .. when will we see the design

FF designs were:

Home

Away

Superb!

Just read the official website,what a difference a year makes,DB would never had done anything like that,giving away stuff and writing to the kids and giving them free entry to a game with a parent,well done willie and sid great gestures,long may the it continue,thanks for the tie willie

Spot on zak, changed days indeed.

daughter got second another allinclusive day for 3 of the lads WELL DONE LINZI

Cheers Igor.

Don't get your hopes up too much though. I went down to see Dennis Cook yesterday, apparently I'd won for the home kit (shamelessly stolen from another website ), but he said that there was no guarantee that it would be the design chosen for next year. (It was more of a "design-a-kit" competition than a design-next-years-kit" one. That depends on what manufacturers are chosen/what they have available/how much it will cost/etc.

Oh, and the Gold hospitality package sounds OK as well! (I have to wear a shirt and tie though )

Kenny remember it was Linzi that got 2nd not a lot of alcohol served on that all inclusive day mmmmmmmmm unless you give her £50 as a good will gesture ha ha

Forest, you could wear the promotion season shirt (has a collar I believe) with a club tie. Would look pretty sharp!

Smert!

Nice home strip no sure on the away one yet

nice strips, home top like the one worn in 1963 season hope they do go with them i really like the away one always a good idea top keep our original colors

"always a good idea top keep our original colors"

The same design would have been preferable though, hoops not stripes.

Home strips look great.

The home strip looks great and I for one will pay good money for this shirt next season, Its been about 40 years since I last wore a football shirt.

could you have not just made your own insted of CHEATING . you could have gave someone else a chance , like one of the younger kids who got 2nd or 3rd. but anyway well done for cheatin !!

What the fook are you on about random?

Random; away and take a long walk off a short thing.

I entered to try to persuade the board to pick a classic strip. I thought the prize would just be the use of the design, not any hospitality packages.
Dennis Cook is perfectly aware of where I got the basic design from. I suppose anyone who entered with a black and gold striped design was "cheating" for not thinking up a brand new design?

And AFAIK, every schoolchild that entered is getting a free ticket for them and a parent.

There's no point trying to re-invent the wheel an all that. I'd love it if we were going to play in the winning design next season.

On the subject of strips, can anyone from the club reveal whether we will start selling strips in local sports shops next season? I had the misfortune to pay a visit to JJB Sports in Glenrothes yesterday and that place is decked out like a bloody Rangers club shop.

When we had our 95/96 shirt for sale in Allsports (??) in the Kingdom Center it was the best seller of the season!

"On the subject of strips, can anyone from the club reveal whether we will start selling strips in local sports shops next season? I had the misfortune to pay a visit to JJB Sports in Glenrothes yesterday and that place is decked out like a bloody Rangers club shop. "

That is one thing that does my head in. The large sports shop chains seem intent on swamping the shops throughout Scotland with Rangers and Celtic gear without any local team getting a look in.

Can the club not approach the levenmouth , east neuk , and central fife schools ( primary / secondary ) giving discount vouchers for the purchase of strips from the club shop ? just a thought.

When there was a call for suggestions last year, I suggested trying to get them on sale at Sainsburys. If the lino lickers can sell theirs at ASDA, it must be worth a shout.

I just wish there *was* a local sports shop now, there hasn't been one for ages.

I remember buying all the Le Coq Sportif shirts from Skubz Sports at Methil Brae and the one on Commercial Road that's a tanning studio now.

Stewart the reason JJB looks like a Rangers shop is because they sponsor them. I have to agree that it is terrible that its only the Old Firm that are represented (in number) in the items for sale across Scotland.

What was the point of the competition if the club are going to choose their own design anyway?

Agree about the supermarket thing, ASDA in Perth stock Saint J stuff. It's hard to get any east fife stuff outside the club shop.

Apparantly the chairman is undecided on white shorts !!!

From the horses mouth.

Would be sh1t without the white shorts and black socks

All gold would be tremendous

Nah, all black all the way.

who's making it? Just had a look at Livi's one from Nike, and it looks a cracker, same colours and everything...

Has to be white shorts.

White shorts.
Oh and can we have the hoops for the away kit please Willie...

Indeed. We would sell hundreds of them in the hoops.