Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Last home game before play offs

i think that all the fans should join together and make a real effort to support east Fife on their last home game before the play offs. Who's with me? i wish to hear loads of singing and just a great atmosphere because we should be proud of the Fifers and what they have achieved this season, even if they dont get promoted they are still such a hardworking team and deserve to have the back up of the fans.
Well done boys!!

Re: Last home game before play offs

True supporter,why wait till the last home game? Come along to Stenny and start there.

Dont worry i'll be there but just felt it would really nice to see everyone involved at Bayview.

There was a group of supporters in the corporate seats trying to create an atmosphere with quite a bit of signng.Did much others join in.....NO!
I did try,but gave up after a few strange looks. It seems to me that some "supporters" think they are above singig,even though they do it at away games.
Why not at home??

Thats true Eck. i always end up in the wrong seats surrounded by a bunch of shouters rather than singers. come on people lets hear your x factor voices at home games as well as away games!!!

Why not move to be near the singers????????

well Mr Obvious i am afraid there wasnt a seat next to the Exclusive bunch.

Full House was it?? Come on your making excuses

'It seems to me that some "supporters" think they are above singig,even though they do it at away games.'

Why the "" around the word supporters Eck?

It is easier to create an atmosphere away from home than it is at home. I think the reasons why there is no noise at home have already been mentioned.

I would very much doubt that anyone who goes along to "support" a team would think themselves above singing at home. Half of the people that sing away are either not at a home game or sitting elsewhere. I know that I always join in if someone else starts a song but most of the home fans don't. Fir why I don't know/

well done............for what?
blowing a massive lead and losing the bottle again.

Surely the majority of away fans attend home games as well, so why don't they sit together and sing,sing, sing?
I know at least a couple of people who say they can't be bothered coming to the home games because the atmosphere is rubbish.