Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hotels in Arbroath

I'm thinking about making a weekend of it for the last game of the season. Anyone know of any decent places to stay in Arbroath? Seems to be a distinct lack of hotels!

Re: Hotels in Arbroath

how aboot the red lion site jim

Jim,the Carnoustie Golf Hotel is doing a 2 for one offer. Friday and Saturday night B&B FOR £178.

hey jim will u get in that hotel if your fancy dress

Trying to be nice to you,so try www.hotels4u.co.uk

Jim

There's the Viewfield Hotel. Ask for Ivor. His son plays for my team.
Failing that there's the Cliffburn Hotel, just up the road from me.
Failing that I've got couch in the living room and I make a mean fried breakfast...

How bigs your couch Angus???

Sorry didnt mean that Jim was large was meaning how many can you accomodate - oh all right I did mean that

Depends how many of you there are...

Angus,does Ivors son have a good engine?

Naw. He's our goalie.

Shit! It's a goal
Shit! It's a goal
Shit! It's a goal

Repeat, getting quicker and quicker...

Angus - I looked at the Viewfield Hotel website before I posted on here, and was sort of put off by the fact that they seem to have regular 'gigs' on at the place. Not that I mind music, but I thought it might go on a bit late?

Jim your getting too auld mate

you would be better off staying in Carnoustie, 10 mins down the road. Less numptie's IMO..
Mind you, Arbroath has the Bervie chipper so difficult one.

Loads of B%B's in the Ferry (and pubs, places to eat etc)...

I think it's mainly Saturday nights they do the gigs at the Viewfield Jim...