Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Grand National 2007

I know it's a waste of money but you'd feel left out if you didn't have a couple of quid on wouldn't you.

I've gone for

£1 on Slim Pickings 33/1 and £1 on Gallant Approach 100/1

Apparently Gallant Approach is this years 'dark horse' and could be in with a chance. Don't take my word for it though.

Re: Grand National 2007

How about - Longshanks - the Scots name for one of the most reviled of englishmen.

I've stuck a tenner on Joe's Edge and a tenner on Headgehunter to win, and a fiver each way on Monkerhostin as I've heard three people in the last 2 days fancy that one.

Used betfair for the first time and got good odds on all.

For anyone fancying a flutter and who don't have a betfair account already, check out the link below:

CLICKY

You can get a £10, £20 or £25 free bet if you bet that amount on the National and if you make five bets at some point you can claim a free grand national DVD.

There's other bookies and free bets you can get as well though if you don't fancy betfair or have an account already.

Going to sound like a spoilsport, but it should be either stopped or be made less dangerous... too many horses killed because the jumps are way too high.

I dont agree

Clan Royal 33/1 to win with a good outside bet of Tikran 100/1 to be placed.

Fox hunting shouldn't have been banned, the grand national should be made safer. Let's see how many horses die later today for a race? If it's one, then it's one too many.

As long as none of mine kick the bucket.

Totally confused by the betfair system. I've opened an account, and placed a couple of bets, which appear to be 'matched' bets. Anyone got any idea what 'matched bets' are?

Jim, nothing to worry about. When your bet has been matched it means someone has layed it (eg, bet against it), this i ultimately the person (or people) who will pay your winnings or pocket your stake.

For example, if I backed East Fife to win at odds of 2.00, and a stake of £5, the Betfair system would match my bet up with someone who was willing to lay (bet against an East Fife win) at the ame odds.

If East Fife win, I make £5, if they don't, the person that layed them gets my £5 stake.