Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WTF?!!!!!

2-4!

An exciting first half had by all accounts!

Re: WTF?!!!!!

I know!

I didn't go today cos Caitlin's not too well and this happens. Next time she can stay and nurse herself!!!

Been mental watching soccer Saturday.

5-3 now

Final score Stenny 3 East Fife 5

I hate watching the scores coming in!

That's us up to 3rd now. I'd rather be 4th though and play Stranraer than Arbroath.

Actually, I don't care! We are in a far superior position than this time last year and I am most happy!

(no need to reply to the last paragraph doubters! As I said - I don't care!)

Well done to the players and staff, play off place now guaranteed.

Fantastic to clinch the play off spot now. Well done to all the players for picking themselves back up after that lull at the start of the year.

I don't really fancy the long trek to Stranraer but think that might be the easier tie.

Really wouldn't want to meet Berwick in the play off semis and that's still a distinct possibility

Don't fancy having to play Arbroath three times in a row either, we are due a result against Berwick, if they get beat by Arbroath next week, we will have a big say in who actually wins the league, pity we had the annual mid season slump or we could have been in it as well....!!!

Mae B, you are right. I cannae get the two draws against Elgin (1-1 at home) and the 3-3 with Montrose out of my head. If you add the penalty miss against Berwick, we would really have been in the mix at the end. That's football though and I'm sure there are other teams that are looking back at games where three points should have gone their way.

Still excited about the end of the season though. We are finishing better than any team and it's always those teams that win the play offs.

good news folks Im not putting money on East Fife to win the playoffs, altho I may put money on the others

We are the form team at the moment and will definatly have the biggest away support at the play off games.Rumours are that Mr Gray will be puting free buses on.

An entertaining game with the result in doubt right up to the last 2 minutes. Unbelievable really as we were so far ahead of Stenny in the first half & should have been out of sight before they scored with their first shot of the game then equalised with their third, the 2nd bringing out a stunning save from Doddsy! Blackadder's goal settled us again & O'Reilly's superb strike should have put us in easy street. However our usual sitting back in the second half nearly cost us dear but Walker's headed goal killed the game. EF must have had 20 shots on goal today & at times tried to walk the ball into the net.
Still 5 goals, 3 points & a superb trip on the bus made it a good day!
Could be going to Arbroath on the last day with a wee chance of going 2nd or at least being able to kill the Smokie's party.

Liam - will you please stop doing the cut and paste thing for here and Pie and Bovril?!!

I get bored because I find myself reading it anyway just incase you've changed a word or two!

Kerriann,leave the poor soul "alone" Don`t you you know that he probably hasn`t anything better to do, as Pauline is enjoying herself in Dublin and he is all "alone" at home.
Poor liam....

Which means that he has plenty time to type up a different message for each forum!

My my my Keriann's sober tonight! Bit more than she was last wek anyway. Her quote of the evening "I love alcohol! Hic!"

And Liam was having a party at 5 this morning, if his thread shows the right time. So leave him alone. Let him walk the floor pining, looking at the clock, only x hours to go before she's back and a few minutes later, that's x minus 3 minutes. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Thats right mock the afflicted! Even my fuckin brother's doing it now!!!

Watch your fuckin language, Liam. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Liam,there is nothing worse than wondering how she is,who she is talking to.who is chatting her up.And you alone alone at home,unable to help.

just up, so WHOOHOO!!!!!!! Sounded like a cracker of a game!

Her quote of the evening "I love alcohol! Hic!"

Did I really? It must have been true at the time! The next morning however, it wisnae!