Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FAO Enfifer

Great day today at my Mum and Dad's Golden Wedding. Absolutely superb cake - and no icing missing so I know you didny hae a wee taste beforehand!
Pity I missed our win at Stenhousemuir, by all accounts a great game, but we all had a great time anyway. Really tired out now (Strip the Willae, Canadian Barn Dance, Gay Gordons (pity JP & Hammy wurnae there!) etc. etc.). Awa' tae bed. Night night.

Re: FAO Enfifer

Meant to say, Enfifer, my Dad thought it was hilarious that you had suggested decorating the cake with black and gold icing!
... and on the subject of East Fife, part of brother Davie's speech was that on the very day my mum and dad got married, East Fife beat Celtic 2-0 (Gillon, Bonthrone) in front of 9,000 at Bayview. He then read out the team!! (now, where did he get that info from??)

Oooops! Scorers were Gillon and MATTHEW!!! (Bonthrone did play, though!)

Glad it went well Jim.I had nothing ti day wi the makeing or decorating ov the cake,but will pass on yer comments ti thum.Didn'y hay a chance ti taste the icing on Friday.Wiz oor the heed macking enging pies fer yer brither, Davie's consumption.

Jim Corstorphine

Hi Jim, Almost embarrassed to put a serious contribution on this site !!!!! Firstly, Congratulations to your mum and dad on their wedding Anniversary ( my daughter and husband celebrated their 28th yesterday ! just youngsters ) I was more than likely at the EFvCeltic match mentioned. I would just like to thank you for the pictures you put on the net each week, we appreciate them here in OZ. I invariable have a great laugh at each weeks posts on AFTN enjoy the banter, suspect 'nearly always' good natured, not like that now appearing in some Newspaper comments !! Did write in once before when you disappeared for several months Bought your book a few years ago. Enjoyed it !