Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Your Rovers Revolution

Just in after a long night celebrating our tremendous win over Morton. Now beginning to think we could well go up in the play offs. McGlynn's a genius.

Anyway I note that four of your goals yesterday were scored by ex -Rovers players. And then some clown on here earlier this week thinks Jonathan Smart is a bit of a player. You lot must watch some dross in a season to say that. The mans a disaster waiting to happen every game. Probably gets away with it in your level of football.

And finally - one of our players (playing yesterday) is signing for you next season. I will be disappointed to lose him.

Have the jungle drums hit deepest, darkess, dingiest Methil yet.

Re: Your Rovers Revolution

Go away you sad loser and get a life.

Ok, defend Gordon Brown's statement that the best goal he has ever seen was Gazza's against Scotland.

Explain to me why he claims he is British, wants England to win the world cup and that he is puting millions into the London olympics and a bid for England to host a world cup, when unemployment is rife all over Fife and his constituency has the cheapest housing in Britain (again).

oh yeah, explain to me why you live in Levenmouth, yet think we are all 'black', smelly, drug users etc. Surely if you live in Levenmouth, that makes you as bad as the people you criticise?

Reviewed my post - cannot see where I stated any of the 3 words you mention. You must be a bit paranoid.

like you have never said it in the past? Methil is also part of Levenmouth.

Answer the question about Gordon Brown please.

waiting....

LM said:

"And then some clown on here earlier this week thinks Jonathan Smart is a bit of a player. You lot must watch some dross in a season to say that. The mans a disaster waiting to happen every game. Probably gets away with it in your level of football".

All I can say is that if Raith have players better than Smart, they must be world class!

I don't think he is playing anymore...

still waiting...

Hey LR, great to have you back!

Wasn't Andrews MARVellous yesterday? Who's the Raith player going to the darkside?

ok seeing you are here J, can you defend Gordon 'middle England' Brown?

The best supporter wraith has, yet he does SFA for the area.

And don't you live in Leven as well?

still waiting for the other wraith muppet btw.

Aye, where has RR1 got to? He was going to get me tickets for the Coldplay gig at Starks Park! Wish we had celebrity fans like them and Gordon Brown.

Fozzy suppossed ti bi coming ti us.Marv going ti Dundee utd or Aberdeen.

Fotheringham is a twat.

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Did he no show aff iz baws in a team photy wi the smokies wan eer.

went to bed, got up, had breakfast and away to go to work in a bit.

Still waiting.......

And why do you expect me to defend Gordon Brown exactly?

and someone did get the infomation correct - Fozzy is on his way to the Fife.

He is your number 1 fan for starters, but if you do not want to answer that, please explain why you live in Levenmouth, yet slag off Methil, which is also in Levenmouth.

I am Raith's number 1 fan, not Broon.

I am not in Broon's constituency, so I can't really comment on what he does.

I have posted this message before…..I do not give a flying Fu** about Raith Rovers. Why do I have to read this Shi** when I view an East Fife Web site?

If you see the words Raith or Rovers in the title, then it might be an idea to avoid it?

If you see the words EAST FIFE on the web site, perhaps you could do the same?

To Levenmouth Rovers, what planet are you still on from the weekend, dont you think the so called die hard fans of Raith Rovers do enough bitching and slagging of their own players without having to start on East Fife players, and I would suggest to you to go and learn the game before critisising any players let alone Jonathan Smart who is an exceptional player I dont know where you get the idea that he is a disaster waiting to happen every week I think you may be getting him mixed up with someone else. Smart is outstanding week in and week out all the better from escaping from the Rovers.

Smarty is head an shoulders above any Raith defender - including Andrews.

Welcome to THE unofficial East Fife Football Club forum. Feel free to discuss East Fife, football in general, music, politics or anything else you want! If you're posting anything non football related just mark it: O/T or MUSIC or POLITICS or whatever it's about! Just makes it easier for people to keep track. Watch out for announcements and updates and talk about what you've read or what you'd like to see on the main AFTN site. We're not aiming to edit or remove posts, but obviously racist, violent and libelous posts will be removed. This is an independent forum with no connection to East Fife Football Club, East Fife Supporters Trust or any East Fife Supporters Club. All posts are the views and legal responsibility of individual posters and are not necessarily the views of the site owner. Enjoy the forum.

All you have to do is read the first three lines and that should clear it all up for you.

Cod help us... Fair do's Smart might be having a good season in Division 3, but please don't compare him with Marvin Andrews.

Johno,as a watcher ov the Raith shite,i have to say that you post more on here than you do on your own shite.Example,you only said a few words after the fine win you lot had against Morton plus the fact that you did not know Fozzy(rumour) was heading this way,when infact i read it on the Sunday morning.Why don't you just admit to the fact that you like us more than r.r.Come on,you know you want to ditch thum and join our merry band ov Fife fans.

I wouldn't compare him with Andrews, i'm saying Smart is better. And i've seen both play on several occasions.

Need to agree 100 per cent from Smart every week total professionalism and helped by dedicated and loyal East Fife fans makes a huge difference to players unlike Raith fans who tear strips of players and I wonder why ex rovers players are so keen to come to East Fife

So neither of the wraith muppets on here have an opinion on Gordon Brown, a 'celeb' and fellow wraith fan, because he is not the local MP. If he supported East Fife, I would have plenty to say about him, none of it good. Strange that, because you normally have loads to say, how superior you think you are, stuff like that.

Still not answered the question about living in Levenmouth. If you love Kirkcaldy so much, why don't you live there? Deepest, darkess(?), dingiest Methil was it? You're words to describe a part of Levenmouth..

reading the other posts, looks like I'm not the only one to get fed up with them..

You want my opinion on Gordon Brown? I don't vote labour, so I have no time for the party that he is part of.

I have absolutely no idea what he does for his constituents as I have absolutely no idea what Ming the Mong does for me.

I think he was mis quoted regarding the England goal, but I despair at his supporting England/Britain comments. There will be a fair amount of pro Brits in Levenmouth too though?

I live in limbo between Levenmouth and East Neuk, but was born in KDY. Is there a rule that you have to live in the town of the team you support.

YOU DON'T HAVE AN OPINION!!! FUCK ME SIDEWAYS, I'M SPEECHLESS!!!!

and here was me thinking that GB was the saviour of Starks as well...

HB, where did I say that?

GB has done a lot for Raith (as far as I can see) and has helped save the club.

Maybe thats why he's so shit at everything else?

BTW, for a "Raith die-hard" he seemed to enjoy celebrating Cowdungs league win with them last season, presenting them with the trophy and everything. He must have more teams than his (equally loathed) namesake Derrick!!

Gordon Broon might have half-inched millions from folk's pension funds, leaving people who bust a gut for the good of the economy their whole lives destitute in their old age but it hardly merits him being described as equally-loathed to Derrick, surely!

Ye've taken that too far.

we'll see how many Fifers vote for this 'loathed' man and his party?

If voting changed anything they'd abolish it Jonathan.

where did levenmouth rover go?

Hopefully been lifted to stratheden daft slavouring c**t !

And joan athon are you a care in the community patient as you too rant some pish away and get gordon (ah luv wraith) brown to autograph yer coldplay cds ya mug.

ha ha!

Eh Jonothan unless Gordon Brown is standing in for the cooncil or scottish parliament election no one will be voting for him for a wee while yet. And if Labour lose the next Uk election it will only be to the Tories- No One else . Who you prefer? I do agree your view of his record as a politician has feck all to do with Raith Rovers or East Fife.
That he has, as future Uk prime Minister has to be seen to support or encourage all the UK teams including England is also no big deal in my view. Why should anyone care he says nice things about england? He is scottish and proud of it the two are not mutually exclusive.

Nothing going on then.

what in your head?

Not a lot RR1. Have you been on the Arctic Monkeys thread? I have made pals with GoF.

J
Just back from my holibags but did make a 400 mile trip to see the game on Saturday then went back again to pick up the wife and kids.
Just reading all the posts from Landfill, Man they are a wee bit twitcheeeeee just now, must be the time of the month.

Well, can I just say that it's great to have you back. Looking forward to Div 1 next season?

J
Honestly don`t think we will do it mate.TBH,Stirling are better than us and over the season deserve it.
Heard that big Marv will be away at the end of the season.

He's away wae it already.

Is it no funny that i go on holiday and make a few posts when i come back and the imposterr(fc) strikes again at 10:39. Fanny. Well you will no stop me ya methil tink.

RR1,

I suppose you are right.Try not to upset the locals though as most of them are decent and Gof knows his stuff.
I`m even going to go to their play off games!!

Fanny