Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Summer signings

By all accounts we have tied up a few signings for next season already, I suspect they include K.Fotheringham (Raith), G.Sutherland (St Andrews) and D.Gribben (ex Forfar & Cowdenbeath)

Re: Summer signings

According ti P.B site,we have again tried to sign a few ov the Raith first team,(no names mentioned)but have been rejected(told ti piss off).

Hope I don't get a barrage of abuse for posting on your beloved forum....

As far as I've Heard both Iain Davidson and Paul Mcmanus were approached by East Fife, since then both players have signed two year deals with the Rovers.

There remain persistent rumours that Fozzie will soon be trooping out in gold and black, I for one will be sads to see him go.

Not to be too sarcy but I'd expect that several players might be released and end up at the Fife, Sean Kilgannon for a start....

Renton says... "Hope I don't get a barrage of abuse for posting on your beloved forum...."

Certainly not, just some light sarcasm. So, here goes...

Hey, good idea to post under a name based on your stadium occupancy arrangements. Think I'll start posting under 'owned outright'.

Just to keep everyone on the picture as to future signing.

New signage will be erected at both the home and away ends of the ground for the start of the season

Hey, good idea to post under a name based on your stadium occupancy arrangements. Think I'll start posting under 'owned outright'.

I'd rather rent mine trhan own yours pal

so does that make you a rent boy?

well it gets me laid...

So your'e an arse bandit

Oh Renton, are u really a rent boy ?.

no I'm an honest to god straight uni student

i wonder who one of the amazing Raith directors was that allowed that to happen to Raith?

yours is still to come lads.

says in the record that k fozzy has signed a pre-contact agreement wit us

My source inside Pratt Street has led me to believe that we offered McManus £3500 to sign on this year and £3500 next year, but he decided to take the two year deal with Wraith instead.

I personally don't think he'd be a good addition to our second division team anyway.

dont know where you get your info gof, but its duff.somebody thought mcmanus would do the bizz because he was offered a lot more than you say this was on friday but paul had verbly aggreed a deal with raith on thursday night told willie gray of his plans on friday morning and i can assure you willie tried hard to sign him. but paul stuck to his word and signed for raith on sat morn. by the way willie gray should be applauded for what he is doing for east fife a unsung hero in my opinon.well done willie

Totally agree, Willie has been doing wonders behind the scenes and deserves the reward of promotion after all his hard work.

Last time I believe my source, although he does work for them so he might be right some times!