Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
best laugh

Ok, started reminiscing of days gone bye (lack of football does strange things)..
Best laugh you have had at the football...

Re: best laugh

chic charley getting one in the nuts at old bayview!

There are too many! Nearly every story involves I_10 but I couldn't possibly be ungentlemanly and shame him on a public forum!!

Whenthe late great davie cooper was playing for clydebank , he was taking a throw in up at the school end in front of the main stand , it had been snowing and just as he was about to take the throw in , some body hit him on the heed wi a snowball , Quality

When we played CELTIC at old bayview when they missed the three penalties at the kirkland road end, the local guys who dont support their LOCAL team and provide / give their money to the glasgow mafia , well when they missed the 1st and Ernie Mcgarr was judged to have moved this certain local who was wearing the celtic gear was going daft when thay were awarded the retake ,well I must say this guy had a perfect boufon but a certain eastfife supporter threw a chewed bazooka joe bubbly into his hair and you can just imagine , well the first aiders done well that day cutting the chewing gum from his hair.
Well the morale of this story is if you stay in levenmouth support your local team and you wont get a free haircut .

Firs Park circa 1993

Ball gets punted out of the ground. Everyone's just standing around while they try and find another ball.

Shout from the terracing:
"We'll just use one of yours Waddell" (the ref)

Place was in an uproar. Even the players and Waddell were pishing themselves laughing...

Has to be my favourite French DJ, Claude Anelka. Now that man was funny.

Derrick Browns phone call at Arbroath last season.

"We just called to say we hate you."

Fintry Fifer at Gayfield about 14 years ago trying to encourage East Fife to push forward in search of a goal shouting "up my end Fife, up my end".

The Chicken Man at Bayview last season has to be the best though especially when the police came onto the mound looking for him. Anyone seen a Chicken Man around here lads? No officer, dunno what you're talking about was the reply.

'Derrick Browns phone call at Arbroath last season.
"We just called to say we hate you."'

Aye, that was good!

Also at both Peterhead and Queens Park, Piggy fifer and co shouting back at the kids telling them that Santa wasn't real and neither was the tooth fairy. Rotters!

Another one was Zak asking the steward at Elgin who had long hair if they 'came here often'?

Chink rolling doon the Hampden terracing.

Chink setting the Christmas tree on fire in the Berwick Social Club.

and a lot of other ones that start, Chink...

Am i never gonna live that down,(he wisnae bad looking if yer were gay)cheers kerriann,the best one I got caught out was at bayview,I was sitting watching a game when i was giving the usuall to the linesman hey baldy your crap you should have gone to specs savers and the rest, then came half-time I see this guy walking towards me,he said hey kenny who is giving the linesman crap,I then realised it was my older brother,I said me,he said to me thats your nephew,I said I didn't know that I hadn't seen him since he was about six,I stopped giving him crap in the second half.and had to say sorry.

Willie Broon aboot ti fight wi the Cowden fans.
Willie Broon gaun up ti heed a cross oot o iz ain box,un ending up catching it.
A certain East Fife fan staunding in the shadies in auld Bayview ,dressed in a 70s white suit.Fund oot this eer ,thit efter the game ,he made iz wy along ti Jackio's fer the grab a granny nicht!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kots,theres a blast fi the past.Whats he upti noo.

Years ago, at old Bayview, I was home and saw a Fife Cup game at the start of the season, I think it was a double header, when EFFC had quite a stocky guy ( Mc something) playing centre half. He was slow and very indecisive and played a shocker. At the end of the game as the players were leaving the field, some punter shouted from the covered enclosure " Hey Mc something, ye played like a f****g dunkie. Hew haw, hew haw ".

To which the player shouted back " Mon our here and say that and a'll punch yer puss in "

Hilarity all round.

Sounds like a certain Mr McCracken

That's the name " McCracken ".Been scratching my brain,trying to remember, thks.

I was up at Montrose one year, and was enjoying a 'jazz' cigarette with someone who will remain nameless. Ball goes out for a throw in, Arnie comes over to take it. Smells the 'aroma', turns round, smiles/laughs and takes the throw in, which goes directly to a mo player. At full time, he is still half laughing to himself....

We were playing Clyde at Douglas Park when they were ground sharing with Hamilton Accies when either Dougie Hope or Joe McBride kicked the corner flag instead of the ball.My memory is fuddled on which one of the two it was.

Dougie Hope wouldn`t ever do anything as stupid as that!

I was standing on the terracing at East Stirlingshire taking photos when I became aware of a female standing to the side of me pouting her lips and trying to look sexy. "Are you from the Falkirk Herald", she asked, then said "would you like to put my photo in your paper?"
When I told her that I was taking photos for the East Fife programme, she gave me a disgusted look and walked away. About ten minutes later, East Fife scored, and as I was taking photos of the celebrations I was suddenly aware that the same female was standing right in front of me. "Stick THIS in yer East Fife programme then", she shouted as she gave me a double two-fingered salute!
(I later found out that she was actually the daughter of the infamous 'shire supporter 'Mad Bill')

At the old Bayview many years ago I was standing chatting to a bunch of mates behind the west goal during the pre-match shoot-in practice. One of my pals turned around to face the pitch just as a ball came screaming over the crossbar and it caught him full in the chest. "That ball was f*&@ing SOLID" he whined as he tried to get his breath back. Right on cue, the tannoy announcer said " ..... and today's match ball has been sponsored by CONCRETE PRODUCTS"!

Enfifer - against all odds, Chink is alive and well. Least he was about a month ago when I saw him in Kennoway.

Joe McBride's corner kick at Douglas Park against Clyde where he kicked the corner flag instead of the ball.

I also remember Davie Cooper getting hit on the pus with a snowball - priceless!!

But at old Bayview one of the best laughs was when Frank Christie dropped Drew Rutherford from the team. Drew watched the game from the Bayview end with his mates and slagged off Christie for the entire game. Every time Frank looked out of the dugout to see who was giving him such a hard time Drew ducked behind his mates, the entire Bayview end was in stitches.
Mind you Drew was some player as well, I remember a peach of a goal he scored against Queens Park.

Was the Davie Cooper incident the game where we got beat 6 or 7 nil?

Whitehill Welfare in the cup at home in late 2004, when, towards the end, two of the Whitehill defenders started having a go at each other. Don't know who it was, but every so often somebody would shout "Hey number 3, number 4's talking aboot ye." And vice versa. The crowd were pishing themselves.

Charlie Fleming once sconed a thirty yard free-kick off a passing number 73 bus.
How we chortled when Henry Morris rose like a late summer wallflower to power a header past the hapless Rovers keeper to score the winner!

When Eastfife were playing montrose at old bayview on a wednesday night , Davie Gorman was in goal for montrose , you had your usual goalie slaggers at the Kirkland end , well that second half they tore into Davie , ( Judas , dirty B and all that ) well it obviously got to him ,cause at the end of the ninety minutes the bold yin turned round and said I know all of you and I am going to punch yer pussess in. Excelenti

There was a guy at a St Andrews Utd game who while holding a pie in one had and a cup of soup in the other tried to volley a loose shot back onto the pitch. As he swung his leg his standing leg went out from under him, the result was that he landed on his pie and poured his soup all over himself.

Normally the fans go home talking about the game but I believe on this occassion the talk of the dressing room was of this chap.

Last season seeing our fullback Condie take a throw in, as he stepped from the red ash towards the pitch he tripped over the wooden edging, whit a plonker

Who was it in the 80's and 90's behind the goal that always shouted at opposing keepers "I hope your children are born without feet".

No the nicest I know, but always rasied a chortle.

I remember once, during a game against Airdire when some teenagers were throwing stones at the keeper. This bloke, who had obviously come on a motorbike, told them to stop throwing the stones. One of the young louts quietly went up behind the guy and screamed in his ear. I guy did jump but in the same instant swung around and smacked the twat on the head with his helmet. I didn't see any blood and after a minute or two young guy picked himself up.

I though after it that I'd wised I'd done that, I still see that twat with the sore pus at games now, wonder what happened to the biker.

If I can remember there were a group of 4 or 5 who were known as the goalie slaggers who would congregate behind the opposing teams goals until segregation and then stood right behind the goals at the kirkland end , can picture them , I think one of them was Big Hammy

Aye Tam we wur gubbed 6-0 by Clydebank that day in one of only two games played in Scotland due to the weather.

I also mind having a great laugh at Easter Road against the Hibs in the Scottish Cup (we beat them in the replay at Bayview) but the first game wuz a dire 0-0. The only good thing about that game was the slagging that Alan Rough got about his missus being on the lager cans - even Roughie couldn't stop laughing as it got more and more surreal.

Somebody mentioned Whitehill and it may have been them involved in a much earlier match. I seem to remember it was pretty wild for a smaller game. Someone threw a dead pigeon on the park and several fans (don't know whose) lay down on their backs on the pitch and did a sort of "dying fly" impersonation.
True or just my memory ?

The game was played on 4th December 1976 and was East Fife's sixteenth consecutive game without a win.
If I remember correctly, Cooper was hit in the face by a snowball thrown by a Clydebank supporter. I seem to recall the real target was an East Fife player, but the snowball missed and the unfortunate Cooper was standing just behind him. The incident happened right in front of the stand, and the game had to be held up for several minutes whilst Cooper had the snow removed from his eyes.

Had a wee giggle when big Kev from the proclaimers pissed his jeans on the bus to Dumbarton

Another Mr McCracken story, it was Stenhousemuir (cant mind the year) Dougie McC was on the bench. To the fans amazement Dougie got up from the dug out; Was it for a warmup?? Surley not. It was Dougie McC! We were right he headed behind the dug oot, wipped oot his wee fellow and did a pish!.. unbeleivable.

During the miners strike I remember being a youngster listening to a load of supposed EF fans who had turned up to slag off Big John Martin the Aridre Goalie for being a scab. He was getting some grief, thinking back it was terrible and you'd get nicked for it now. Anyway remember at the end when he offered out this weasal who had been giving it loads. Martin angry with nae teeth, the weasal shat a rat, and scuttled off to a chorus of hes gone tae get ye from the youngsters.

I thought Paul McGrillen going mental at our fans on Saturday was pretty damn funny... not that we wound him up or anything.

Martin got what he deserved the scab bastad, what about all the others that put out to save EVERYONES jobs only for twats like him to go behind their backs. Remember Methil WAS a mining community so they more than most could shout at him, that and he was in the opposing goal

Arthur, sorry for remembering the humourus side of the incident, olnly 13 at the time. Martin faily rattled your cage. Wait a minute..... na... your not ? are you...?

Martin never got peace for years. Schultz and myself were at Forfar when he was in goal and got behind him and gave him scab pelters for 45mins. He got it again when he came to Bayview playing for 'Beath a few years ago, must have been 40 + by then. No, we Ex miners never forget.

there has been loads..

"scooby doo for a shag" when we were on our way to arbroath. I_10 was in his ellement

all the jokes from igor and I_10 in durham

A certain old person arguing with a steward in montrose

"you thought you had scored, you were wrong, you were wrong"

brian potter falling down the stairs coming back from peterhead

I_10 in general, same as kerriann really "hate dunfermline and we hate raith rovers" x10000000

robbie raeside is gaaaaaay

these are the ones i could think of in five minutes, im pretty sure there will be plenty more.