Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Blackadder

Whats all this cupping the ear stuff to the fans about?He gets a bit of stick when hes having a stinker and he goes in a huff and cups his ear towards his own fans.
Instead of him cupping his ear would it not be better for him to start playing and prove the people in the crowd wrong and silence them?

Re: Blackadder

I WOULD CUP HIS EAR FOR HIM, TOSSER.

Yes i agree. Saw him do that after wasting a free kick late in the 2nd half by just launching the ball away for a goal kick. Cant wait tae see him go this season (better had)

Keep up the good work Ryan. You'll be captain soon.

Blackadder has skill - but does not have the mentality to be a good player - he thinks he is better than he is - but really he is just a run of the mill player who is more poser than player.

Blackadder spent half the game moaning at his team mates! Of course he doesn`t make mistakes does he?

he is one lazy bastard get rid o him now

He should have been sent off when he dived for a penelty in the second half, he'd previously picked up a soft booking, one of many he's had this season.

I think the players would respond much better if some of the "home support" spent more time cheering on the team than shouting at Blackadder everytime he does something that doesn't meet their expert standards.

The boo boys were out in force yesterday! Blackadder is now the new 'Chris Miller' by the sound of things with the abuse he gets from his own 'fans'.

He has plenty skill no doubt about it and he wasn't great yesterday none of our players were. Where are the threads on all the other players?

Get off the guys back we have seen what he can do at the start of the season so why not encourage the player instead of getting on his back?

Keep your head up Ryan, you do have supporters out there.

never heard too many shouts about him ??, he only heard the one prior to the "cupping of the ear" because it was so quiet - again.

He appears to have a decent level of skill but certainly is not near mobile, sharp or pacy enough to be the central midfielder. He had a poor game as did a number of the team.

The game was lost in the midfield area in the first half as he was no where near his man. He needs to be closer to his opponent as he does not have the pace to close them down if too far off.He had a few more touches in the second half, primarily due to Albion settling for what they had and hitting on the break.

Have to admit I thought he was a cert to be subbed.

Thought Courts was cumbersome and off the pace too, but he was hooked at half time

WE missed Jabba and Smart. The Courts/McDonald partenership at the back didn't work. Taking Courts off and bringing on Smith was a sensible move at the right time.

As the game went on and we made more substitutes I did wonder if we had the shortest team, Courts off Gibson off thang christ we had so height in O'Rielly

I'm exiled fifer and can't speak on yesterdays performance but what I saw of him in our win at home to Queens the other week suggested that he could prove all the boo boys wrong if he got his head down over the closed season and lost some weight. Those black shorts were bursting and to be fair although he played a couple of intelligent balls his fitness is his problem. It is plain to see that in the back of his mind he knows it, that is why he flaps when the ball is played to him under pressure. His reactions and footwork are well behind his brain. He should be given a wieght target and some run time goals, if he does not meet them he gets punt'ed back to where he came from.

"Run time goals" Yes I agree, let him run and keep running till he,s away to f**k

I think the reason he gets so much stick is that all the fans know how much skill the guy has but just doesn't look like he is interested on the pitch half the time. He then parades about moaning and shouting at team mates at the slightest mistake. If he put as much effort into working for his team as he does shouting at them the fans would get off his back.

Don`t know about East Fife,but at St Andrews,Ryan was not liked in the dressing room,due to his constant moaning at other players.Then,he got away with it,due to the fact he was a higher calibre player than most of the rest.
His ability is not in question,but his attitude most certainly is.
The Manager obviously sees his ability as I believe he has been offered another contract.
Ryan,you are too good to become a liability in East Fifes team,but you will if you don`t get the finger out and get your attitude right and prove the doubters wrong