Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Labour yesterday

Anyone see Graham fae the ploo getting Christine May telt outside the ground yesterday, "DID YE FIND THAE WEAPONS O MASS DESTRUCTION YET??"

Re: Labour yesterday

It looks awfy like Labour are going to get their tatties next week. I cannae wait!

Why?

Its what gets in in their place that worries me

Yeah, the sky will fall in if we dinnae vote Labour.
4 legs good 2 legs baaaaaaaad.

It'd be great if we could vote freely but I feel that I have to vote Labour in order to stop the SNP. Independence would be nice, but in time. I can't trust Alex Salmon or any of his cronies to oversee it.

There are some bandits around our towns at the minute, I don't want to share Britain with them, never mind an independent Scotland where their non-existent effort and initiative would be called upon to make an independent nation a success.

No fewer than TEN flyers through the door thismorning from every politician who is now your best friend in the run up to the election, including a lovely wee leaflet from "Steve" who runs a successful IT business across Mid Scotland and is a seasoned campaigner for local people.

Oh, did I mention he was a BNP candidate...

Refried Beans

It's such a shame that you will use a protest vote to stop something that you describe as 'nice'. Have you maybe got a wee bit lost between the wood and the trees?

If Scotland was independent, it would not mean the end of the Labour Party. Independence does not mean just the SNP. We can have a Labour government under independence. Although how you think McConnell's cronies are any more credible than Salmond's cronies, I just don't know.

If Jack the lad said the sky was blue, I would run outside to check. Remember, the wee fat wifey that represents Methilhill for the red tories? She said that she had "nothing to do with East Fife, supported Rangers(but wasn't a bigot), and thought that Steve Kirk should be the manager", all in a letter to the EF mail. Stick to putting up council tax and filling out 'creative' expence forms ya fat coo!!!

Sinatra said it best 'opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one...'

Is that the same "wee fat wifey" that allegedly had to get her hoose fumigated?

think her name is smith or something. Resembles Bella Emberg, only not as bonny...

I really fucking hate labour btw. Betrayed everything they ever believed in. Thatcher was asked a few years back what her greatest achievement was and she replied 'new labour...'. I'd vote tory, or communist or even a save the feckin rovers party before I'd vote for that lot.

One of the LP leadership contenders, John McDonnell (he's an MP down my way) is a really good guy, but sadly it looks like he'll be swamped out by cretins like Gordon Brown, Michael Meacher etc.

I stuck £2 on him lastyear on Betfair though at 800/1, I can always hope.

His website is http://www.john4leader.org.uk/

Only 4 candidates are standing in the Central Fife constituency vote, I can't stand the SNP, they are a bunch of hypocrites with no policies other than to say the opposite of others and then copy them later on when that debate is over. The other 3 parties are uninspiring.

Tommy Sheridan was very bitter with that Bernard Ponsonby last night. Whilst I believe in what he shouts about, I don't think he endeared himself to many people.

couldn't give a toss either way, they are all as bad as each other. After middle England's vote, and screwing everybody out of money to fund the tax cuts to do it. My old man drives a CRV diesel 4x4 thing, and he is taxed to the hilt in tax because of it. GB says he wants to make the 'school-run' pay for driving these things and thats fair enough. But why should my old man who is a community OT and covers Kinross to Crieff have to pay for it? Can you drive a clio up a farm track in January in snow, to visit someone that needs help? Don't fucking think so. Instead of education, education, education, he would have been more honest to say tax, tax, tax

I saw Sheridan last night too and he didn't do himself any favours yet again.

McConnell on Newsnight the other night was even worse though. Was asked a question at least half a dozen times and refused to answer.

The question? Is it not right that the party with the most seats get a chance to govern.

Labour sold their souls to get power and to win over the south of England. In doing so they sold Scotland down the river.

The Lib Lab sham have done nothing good for Scotland in the last 4 years, bar the smoking ban.

The Lib Dems are the party that have most to be ashamed off. Criticising Labour non stop for their failings now but doing nothing to prevent it whilst power sharing.

I haven't hated a political figure as much as Nichol Stephen in a long time.

I find it hard to say that the SNP have no policies. Have you actually read their manifesto? If full of innovative ideas and policies that will help to build, shape and advance Scotland.

A vote for SNP is not automatically a vote for independence. there has to be a referendum. The SNP know that if they show bad government in the next 4 years then independence will be dead in the water.

What have you go to lose by voting SNP except the chance to change Scotland for the better for once and for all and give Labour, Blair, Brown and all their hangers on a good kicking in the process.

I might just plomp for Annabel Stalin.

Do your country and Central Fife a turn next Thursday

Vote SNP

I would vote for the most likely to upset labour, which is SNP here. If it was monster raving wraith muppets, I would vote for them. Look at all the work going on in Dunfermline, bus station revamp etc, strange it all happened after labour lost the by-election. If labour think they can take you for granted, they will. Do you think it would have happened if labour had won?

All it would take is one election result against them, and I would stake the house on money being invested on redeveloping central Fife. And lets all be honest, the whole of Fife needs it, Levenmouth, Kirkcaldy, Glenrothes, Dunfermline, the Neuk and all the rest...

Labour are running a very negative campaign.

It's constant criticising and down playing of SNP policies without putting across their own.

I think, and hope, the electorate will see through this and oust them come Thursday.

Set up the postal vote thing before I left. If you don't vote, you shouldn't moan about the goverment...

Please vote SNP.
You have absolutely nothing to fear. Independence is an issue which will be decided in a referendum after a full term of government. If you're not convinced by then, vote no. But why rule it out? We're a hard working modern society, with a proud history and a strong culture. All the building blocks are there, sure, but we just aren't living up to our potential.

Whatever the evidence to the contrary, unionists will always try to paint Scotland as an irredeemable basket case. This culture of dependance and subordination is inherent to their political philosophy. If one dodgy economic report states that Scotland's economy is in deficit then Unionists are buoyant, happy that Scotland is seen as some some sort of subsidy junky. If another study shows that Scotland and its citizens would in fact prosper with independence they are furious. Scots who see Scotland doing badly as a 'unionist dividend'. Ask yourself what motivates these people.

The traditional unionist arguments are failing fast. Either they are right and Scotland is in such a terrible shape that we require generous England to keep us going (which would appear to be the basic message) in which case they are obviously failing to help Scotland achieve our economic potential.

Then again if we are really as prosperous as they occasionally pretend we are then why couldn’t we afford to go it alone? After all an independent Scotland would not be paying for nuclear weapons, London olympics, illegal wars, and would have the considerable benefit of North Sea Oil revenues. (Labour's internal papers have recently revealed that we have at least thirty years supplies left at the same time as they are pretending that it is about to run out!)

I realise that voting SNP is a huge leap of faith for a lot of people, especially in Leven/Methil! Look around you. The SNP are now poised to win Central Fife. It would take a small swing of only about 5%, and we won Markinch by election with a 30% swing last October. We have outstanding candidates. We have also worked very very hard to get elected here, and deserve a chance.

Every single national newspaper (until today's Sunday Herald!) has backed Labour and the union to the hilt in Scotland. The media has never given the SNP a fair hearing, and to say that it hasn't made a difference would be naive. Labour depends on keeping us in our place, and knocking our confidence. Dont listen to them. Labour pays £1 million a year to the Daily Record alone, to churn out its propaganda.

Look around you. When we are failing to compete with the likes of Iceland, Finland and Ireland, you should ask yourself what exactly do we have to fear?
Scotland's self confidence is growing, just like it has in these countries. We're no better than anyone, but we're certainly no worse. So please vote SNP, and start the process of rebuilding a confident, fair, democratic and prosperous Scotland.

Thank you!

Re "Time for Change"

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

if you want a reason not to vote labour go to youtube and type labour want to be elected...

Re post Labour Yesterday, should it not be Labour are Yesterday. Mon the SNP.

Finally we're in agreement with you on something!

Jeeso, apologies here, your not a moron after all!!! Well apart from football matters...

GOF & HB
That makes me feel good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JmDY8biZzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR98VVgyGF4

Superb!

Now here's a national leader. George Bush is Dougie McCracken's brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI0_VzFxTzs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD5tunBGmDQ&mode=related&search=

One of the bet election victory speaches/interviews ever.....enjoy

I put it to you Mr Blair....VOTE RESPECT (unfortunately they are not standing)