Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Play Offs

Are the games going to be all ticket?

Re: Play Offs

And will we be charged more than usual? (Yes?)

Also if we finish fourth do we play at home or away on the wedensday night?

You are home on the Wednesday regardless now.

The matches will defo need to be all ticket if you are taking your usual 5,000 away support. (official away crowd at East End was 5,300)

Yawn

If the unthinkable happens and the F*fe go up and the Rovers stay down, what's going to happen at the two matches at Bayview?

There's going to be a lot of fans from both sides that are going to miss out.

The fans who miss out can be awarded free tickets for the "Coldplay" concert at Starks Park.

igor, be nice. I am genuinely concerned.

"There's going to be a lot of fans from both sides that are going to miss out."

Why? The last competitive EF v Rovers game at Bayview (League Cup?), there was about 3 men and a dug there.

Also, if stadiums are anything like websites, there'll be one extra seat in the Rovers end, cos Jonathan'll be ignoring his own lot and joining us.

J
Why be concerned it is not going to happen.After they play Arbroath they will have 3 sent off 8 booked and no one left to play in the playoffs. Dirty team that Methil lot.

Make that 2 extra seats.

KotS, the last two competitive matches have not been league ones. First round of the League and Bells Cup I think? Ahhhh... the Nacho Novo inspired comeback. Wonderful memories...

I reckon that the capacity of the away end will be 900 ish? We were taking 1200-1700 for away matches at Cowdengelly this season.

There would defo be more than the capacity wanting to get into see a league match at Bayview.

Will season ticket holders gain free entry to the play offs? The ticket is valid for all league games and the play offs are part and parcel of the league programme. So how do ticket holders obtain a ticket for the games?

I've been reliably informed that season tickets will not be valid for the play-offs.

All season ticket holders WILL have to pay at the gate for the play offs

Legal impliactions there then due to misrepresentation! The play offs are part of the league season and all SFL clubs are aware off this at the start of the season. As i have said many times , what is the incentive to purchase a season ticket? There has to be an incentive and in recent years there has not been any, although people like myself have bought them and given the club much needed and guaranted revenue. Still awaiting reply to my letter i sent in October and mentioned on this site which recommended what i would consider little but appreciative gestures.

Had one for 20+ years and this is a disgrace.Please,don`t lets get back to the previous regime.Lets not spoil things.
Play offs ARE a part of the league campaign.

The season booklet only has 18 tickets anyway so there was no chance of allowing entry for play offs just as not allowable for cup gamea. That said I still think the play offs are just another opportunity to fleece fans out of more cash as in uneccessary cup semi final replays. Last night proved that is wrong.

Rovers season tickets are valid. FYO.

If we make the final, the Wednesday game clashes with the 'league decider' between Chelsea and Man Utd on Sky (a fact over which one may or may not give a $hite, mind).

Where are these games to be played?

When oor Derrick was involved your season books had vouchers which could have been used for this type of instance. But youz b@stards drove him away.

Rovers season tickets are valid. FYO.

Yes, but how much did the season tickets cost?

'When oor Derrick was involved your season books had vouchers which could have been used for this type of instance. But youz b@stards drove him away.'

Maybe we did but I bet it was coz he knew that everybody hated him and the uptake on the season tickets would be very low so he couldn't lose!

220 quid.

With only a few days to go, I hope the club clarifies the situation soon. Like Eric, I'm of the assumption that the ticket is valid as it states it is for the league competition, and is not valid for the cup competitions. Playoffs are clearly part of the league.

Like most seasons, I'll be at a loss with the season ticket, as I've missed a couple of home games during the campaign.

It would be a nice gesture to reward fans loyalty and up-front commitment.

Betty, when your Derrick was in charge there was no way the team would have got near a play off place, so there was no way it was ever going to be an issue.

If this decision not to allow season tickets to be valid for play off games, it is very dissapointing and could potentially cost the club a lot more money than they will make by asking season ticket holders to pay for these games. There is no logistical problem, the club have a list of all seson ticket holders, and could easily post out a voucher or ticket to allow entry to these matches.
As already mentioned there is next to no value for the supporter to purchase a seson ticket as against the walk up price. But the club has this money up front for the year. It is a minor concession (if it can even be considered a concession) to repay the faith of these customers with entry to the last one or two home fixtures. I can see many season ticket holders deciding not to renew next season because of this.
These fixtures also generate additional income for which the club could not have budgeted. The potential play off has been a possibility all season, and it is typical East Fife that they haven't decided what to do until the last minute. If Raith Rovers and other clubs can offer the play off matches to their seson ticket holders, why not East Fife??

Still no official word from the club about season tickets being valid or not for the play offs - or at least that i have come across. We knew at our last home game we would be in the play offs so why was an announcement not made. I know my rant will probably not get me anywhere and i will end up paying but i think clarification is not much to ask for. I have continued and will continue to buy a ticket but how many sales are the club losing by not making it attractive? dare i mention Julian danskins reign when you got a three year ticket for the price of two. Remember the free bus and ticket for the Rangers game in the cup. You got a programme as you went through the turnstile - i would settle for a team sheet now. Entry in to cup games and friendlies. My point is get people to the ground is the priority and then these people spend money on snacks, drinks in the bar,half time draws etc which benefit the club.

Eric

Season ticket holders attending our home play-off games will be asked to pay at the gate.

What if they get asked and say no?!

Thanks for giving clarity to the position re season tickets and as i have said there was never any doubt that i would not be there on Wednesday. Have to raid the house keeping now though! On a serious note the season ticket has not been attractive recently - perhaps something to look at for next season? As i have said before small tokens such as a team sheet, entry into friendlies etc - something to consider?

How is the gate money split for the play offs? Does each home team keep their own or is it pulled together and split amongst the four teams? Would the same apply to the "final"?