Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife TV

Saw on the front page of this week's Fife leader that the Rovers have been trialling Rovers video since December and it's going from strength to strength next season.

Basically 3 minutes of highlights every week online for all to watch, especially ex-pats, and filmed with 3 cameras as part of a project from Adam Smith College.

Seeing as how they're our sponsors, should we not have had first crack at this and are there any plans for anything similar down Bayview way?

Re: East Fife TV

Watch this space! Some proposals have been put to the club for a service like that.
Can´t comment further at the moment.

Big teams first, then the wee.Will you ever be first at anything?

To win the Scottish Cup?

Not many.
Apart from winning the Scottish Cup, League Cup, getting a player capped, playing under floodlights,

I'm getting bored now, someone else take over...

Would buy this in a nanosecond. Someone tell the club that the ex-pats would snap it up...

I'd definately pay for this too.

Angusfifer, there you go again, never giving our friends from Kirkcaldy any credit. Were they not the first Fife team to employ a French DJ as their manager?

Last summer, they almost became the first Fife team to sign an Italian car mechanic as well.

No, the Lino's need to get more acclaim for their efforts.

Did they sign the mechancic after the wheels came off?

Funny that, i always was under the impression that Queens Park won the first Scottish Cup. Just shows you how wrong all the history books are.

RR1 thinks its a case of trying it out on the lesser team 1st before going on to greater things

I know it might be tough for some of you, but you should go on the Rovers site and have a look. It is excellent and free.

They have post and pre match interviews and match highlights. Even the away managers are up for it and it is great, sometimes, to hear their comments.

www.raithroversfc.com

I can usually resist the temptation of visiting the RR website.
The RR lonely boys seem happy to trawl through other sites looking for a friend. Try staying out of other sites for a few weeks and wait for the posts pleading with you to return.

That's intriguing Eugene!

Would be fantastic for all exiles whether in New Zealand, Oz, Devon, London, the States, Canada, Orkney.

Wonder if the Rovers will be keeping it as a free service after the success. it's surely a good money winner.

I think the Queens Park one is a pay service but you get the whole game.

How to reduce crowds at bayview in one easy lesson

I can't imagine people not going to Bayview just to watch 3 minutes of highlights on a website every week.

That's another reason as to why it should be a pay service though.

Ye Johnny,its better thun a sleeping pill, any day.

Pies.