Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
O/T Air France

For any of you Fifers planning to travel with Air France be warned - piss poor service !!

I recently took my family on holiday to Paris, all passengers were allowed to board the plane, we were delayed for one hour and had to sit onboard awaiting take off as we were told it was air traffic control problems.(we missed our original take off slot as the crew were late on arrival at the airport).These things happen so of course I accepted it as I have experienced a lot worse.

In reality the plane was unable to handle all the passengers and the luggage. Therefore luggage had been removed prior to take off. During the flight my youngest daughter was sick, but no sick bags onboard and the cabin crew coudn't give a shit.

When we reached France we still had not been told of the luggage situation and everyone as usual made there way to the luggage carousel. Lo and behold no luggage, even after an hours wait. Only found out the reality when we went to the Bag claim desk.

Once more very unhelpful and rude staff who said our luggage would be forwarded in due course.

Have one case back, it arrived on the morning of departure back to Bonny Scotland, the other two are still missing !!

I know it can happen with any airline, but upon speaking to several people who fly regularly with them (and are forced to for business reasons)they say it happens all the time.

So if you are planning on going away avoid Air France and if you are already booked with them - good luck

Re: O/T Air France

Was the same in 98. If you had money to spend, they were ok, once they had the money, they couldn't give a shit. Piss poor service, and all the parisian's going to the brazil game in suits and stuff made me want to puke. Auld alliance my arse...

Last week friends were flying AF to New York via CDG.
Bridesmaid's case with dress and bouquet did not arrive in NY until the morning of the wedding. The case had been drilled open and searched. Dress was a mess and bouquet destroyed. To cap it all the return flight had long delays.
We flew Continental direct from Edinburgh and it was fine.

When I leave Edinburgh catching my connecting flight in CDG to Jo'burg is horrendous. It requires the speed of Jesse Owens and the strength of Mohammed Ali to punch your way through the queues of irritated people.
Salani Kakuhle

Ah dinnae ken whit aw the fuss is aboot, naebdy wants flights on time wi nae hassle, an besides if it wisnae fur me Air France would hae went bust... I'VE BEEN THE AIR FRANCE CEO FUR 50 YEARS!!! 50 years ye ken!