Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Unbelievable!

I went into ladbrokes today to see when i could place a bet that we will go up via the play-offs. the guy at ladbrokes laughed at me! the bloddy cheek!

i hope we do it and prove that guy wrong!

Re: Unbelievable!

pity i can't eat that or i would've!

i put a bet on East Fife getting promotion each year and have done this for number of years. i always get an each way way bet which is the top three finish even though that was/or is not now an automtic promotion place, As you will know i have only had a return once in the in the last years but i am wondering what return i would get this year with play offs. Finish fourth but get promotion - where do i stand.

Pies.

Did you notice my mistake in my last post? Third place was not not automatic promotion although my each way bet covered third place which meant no promotion. Getting back to my original point - what will i get if we get promotion although we finished fourth?

Pie.

Well - i have had my account from the bookies and i am due them money as my each way bet was finishing up to third place in the league regardless of promotion being achieved or not. But hey - despite my protests about season tickets not being valid for the play offs ( which i still think the whole thing needs looked at and incentives for holders.....) well done to the team. As i said i seldom miss home games and was always going to attend on Wednesday which was very good value for money but now i have to fork out for another game despite, possible getting promotion and getting no money back on my yearly bet!
Come on the Fife - imagine three Fife teams in the same league next season.

Pies.

I have received my account from my pal W Hill Bookies and I lost as we did not finish in the first three therefore no return even if we get promotion ( over the last many years they have made a tidy sum of me.) What I could have won this season now gone. But hell with that and i would much rather turn this deficit score around and get promotion. LETS GO FOR IT !

Once put on a bet in the Ladbrokes in Leven on an East Fife game and the guy behind the counter shouted "Look, we've found the other fan!" Prick.

Pie.

Grim,will you be at the game tomorrow? If so I`ll look out for you?

Indeed I will. My bro and father are coming too, and will probably drag a few other relatives along. Believe!