Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Your latest signing

Once again my information is way ahead of even your most informed fan.

I can exclusively reveal that you will have Steven Tweed playing for you next season.

Re: Your latest signing

Too late LR knew all about that last week!!!

Exclusive? More like a history lesson

That is sooooooooooooooooooo last week that news!

Last week was speculation - its now fact.

I'll stick a wee black and gold medal in the post for you.

Look up the meaning of exclusive then. Last week it wasn't speculation - we are 'in the loop'!

Exlusive - Journalism. a piece of news, or the reporting of a piece of news, obtained by a newspaper or other news organization, along with the privilege of using it first.

And I couldn't even spell it

Who is Tweed with at the moment and how old is he?

Tweed is a big center half, he'll be 34 or 35. Played over 100 games in the SPL for Hibs, and about 2 SPL seasons with Dundee, who had signed him from Stoke for £150,000.

Also played in Greece for a while.

Well done on your scoop Leven Rover. A bit of thanks wouldn't go amiss.

He'll get his thanks, next week after he announces the death of John Lennon, and that the world is round.

We all knew this last week though J and were asked to keep it quiet.

Was speaking to Brian Fairbairn last night in Kirkcaldy, he says he is signing for us in the summer.

Well done on your scoop Leven Rover. A bit of thanks wouldn't go amiss.

Why would we say thanks for telling us something we already knew?

Also, even if I didn't know it already, I don't see why I should be thankful for the news? Someone would have told us eventually and not expected any thanks.

No way do we want Fairbairn back, he,s a little tosser.

Dear God no, we do not Fairbairn back at our club!

Thirded!

Fairbairn, no way, that would be a step backwards.

There will be at least another 3 members of the current Rovers squad pitching up at Bayview next season. Still only about a quarter of the number that Gray went after though.

Fairbairn also thinks he'll play for scotland one day

Kerriann, as per usual I was being an erse.

GoF, if we're such good pals these days how comes you didn't tell me as soon as you knew. That hurts.

Was it definitely Greece Tweed played in. It might have been Grease. Did Baikie say, you're the one that I want? Ach well, the transfer gossip keeps us interested during the Summer Nights I supppose.

Please post lots of other corny 'Grease-related' references here...

with tweed signing and jamie mcgowan staying thats 4 centre halfs without including t courtts and p doyle who would we play ??????????

You'll be branded a fool with all that talk you know. I can hear them all asking now 'Did he get very far' with asking people to post cheesy lines from the film. I suppose the answer they would give would be 'nope, stranded at the drive in' he was.

Apparantly Tweed still has a turn of pace. It has been said that he goes like 'Geased Lightening'.

We made out, down Methil dock