Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Kick off on Wed

Anyone any idea what time kick off is on Wednesday ? 7.30 or 7.45 ?

Re: Kick off on Wed

According to BBC Sport website its 7.45pm. Nothing yet on official site.

At the moment ko is 7.30,however, if Stranraer ask for 7.45 we will agree.My guess would be 7.45.

Is wednesdays game at Bayview If so i wont make it

Me neither

Although if you can make the kick off 8.30 or 9, I could belt it down from Elgin in time

Dave

If you say that the kick-off is 7:30 - why does the club website say 7:45?

All of today's newspapers say 7:45.

What is going on?

Annoyed, Are you blind? Read Dave's post above and give him a chance to update his comments with the agreed kick off time!

I know what I would do. Arrive for the 7.30 kick off and try and help generate an atmosphere prior to a 7.45 kick off.
WE ALL NEED TO REALLY GET BEHIND THE TEAM ON WEDNESDAY!.....C`MON THE FIFE!

Even mare annoyed - are you the full shilling?

A club director posts last night that the kick-off is 7:30. But the club website says 7:45 today. The newspapers also say 7:45, and they were written yesterday. Who is right, the club director or the webmaster?

If you don't think that is a problem, you must be on another planet. There should NEVER be any doubt about a kick-off time.

Whinge, moan, greet and whinge some more! It's the East Fife supporters way isn't it.

Phone the club then for conformation instead of posting on an UNOFFICIAL site. Fuck it isn't rocket science!

Annoyed

I posted on Sunday evening when the situation was as I posted.Stanraer did indeed phone this morning and request a 7.45 kick off.As I said in my post we were happy to agree so ,therefore the game will start at 7.45pm.I regret any annoyance caused.

Joey Deacon

If it's the "East Fife supporters way" then that's because no other club would fanny around with the kick-off two days before a big match.

As for slagging me off for posting on an unofficial site, I wasn't in the slightest confused about the kick-off until a club director came on to this "unofficial" site first and created the doubt. But I don't see you accusing Dave of the same crime.

Dave has apologised for the inconvenience - matter closed. As for Joey the budgie - GIRFUY.

Annoyed - And 15 minutes early is gonnae make such a massive difference to you in your oh so busy life eh?

Has it not occurred to you that the said director may not sit over a computer keyboard all day and night? To get upset over that is quite ridiculous! Grow mup son!

If you like getting things up grown men well that's your choice.

A whole 15 minutes difference! Terrible. What are you going to moan about next? The grass is too long or too short?

Wait till he finds out what the gate prices are!!

Joey - are you really a grown man? I bet you like to think so.

Well you must be a small child when you continually to spell my name incorrectly. You must also have a short fuse as you get 'annoyed' very quickly, especially over something like a kick off time that was a whole 15 minutes difference.

Annoyed, aren`t you making a bit of an erse of yourself here?
Not one person is agreeing with you..doesn`t that tell you something?

It tells me that the club might be in the senior leagues but it isn't run professionally. It reminds me of the last home game. The subs were having a kick around on the pitch when the teams were ready to come out, and an East Fife director had to come on to the pitch to get the subs off by waving his walking stick like a shepherd's crook. Amateur hour.

It's the old joke - what time does the game start? Well, what time can you turn up?

It sticks in my throat to say this, but this didn't happen before.

Sorry for mis-spelling your name, Joey.

Annoyed, you are right, Derrick Brown would never have seen us in this whole play off fiasco.

Under him, he waited until directors were doing other things at half time, then locked them out. If you admire Broony's so much, put the poor man out of his misery and buy his hoose.

'It tells me that the club might be in the senior leagues but it isn't run professionally. It reminds me of the last home game. The subs were having a kick around on the pitch when the teams were ready to come out, and an East Fife director had to come on to the pitch to get the subs off by waving his walking stick like a shepherd's crook. Amateur hour. It's the old joke - what time does the game start? Well, what time can you turn up? It sticks in my throat to say this, but this didn't happen before.'

Stop sweating the small stuff Annoyed. Your heart will suffer for it. It's 15 minutes for goodness sake. There really is nothing to get worked up about. The time has now been decided and it is in plenty of time for people to adjust their schedule by the 15 minutes.

As far as the subs on the pitch go, I thought it was funny when Caroline asked them (very politely) to get off the pitch. It was amateurish, shit happens! It goes to show they were enjoying their kick about!

This wouldn't have happened in the Deek days I'm sure of that. We would not have been discussing the time a play-off game kicks off if he was still here.

Annoyed, are you on something? What's the matter with ye man?

You are a very funny man Dougie Hope. I like it!