Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

East FIFE 1-0

Re: Latest Score

3 - 0 WTF....

GOAL: East Fife 4-0 Stranraer: C O'Reilly (hat-trick 54)
Am I dreaming?

4-1 Moore 55

SC2POSF1: FT East Fife 4-1 Stranraer

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

just up - ya beauty!!!!

Match report and what was the crowd like please?

HB BBC Sport has the crowd at 742. I thought there were more than that as every seat around me was taken. Very few in the away end though.

There is nothing to Stranraer other than lumping it to Moore. They look sharp up front, good in midfield, where, especially down the left and right, they dominated. Fortunately, they are pish at the back. I believe they are still looking for Craig O'Reilly. He was outstanding tonight. Some outstanding performances at the back as well. Doddsy put in as good an East Fife goalkeeping display that you will see. J was only beaten once to a header all night and when you consider how many times they hoofed the ball into the box, that is saying something.

Paul Hampshire and Graham Gibson did well when going forward but have to do more defensively in the next game. I think it will see PH getting dropped and a return for Tam Courts. His height and defensive abilities will be needed.

In short, Stranraer might just have 3 goals in them, especially on their wee ground where you can launch the ball into the box from almost anywhere. If they do score 3, I think we will score as many, they were that bad at the back.

About the crowd - during the first half, looking from behind the north goal, the home end looked absolutely packed. Second half, though, looking more 'straight on' at the home end, I would have to say there were a few empty seats.
We must also remember that Stranraer only brought a 'handful' of supporters.

742 now that is PASH.
we had 3000 home fans tonight.

yeah rr1 for to watch big black marv and a boring 0-0 draw good on use guys:)

We had 4 goals though.

RR1 see you next season in Division 2

RR1
Correct me if i'm wrong but your statement of having
3000 home fans doesn't seem to add up
The attendance is printed as 3043 and according to
my maths(i know it aint that good coming) that would mean that Stirling only travelled with 43 fans

Would you now like to retract your previous
statement or are you sticking by a turnout of 43 away
fans ???

Carol, you know as we do (cos you go on about it like we do too) that the crowd figures are fudged.

The match was held up for 10 minutes to let the crowd into a 7:45pm kick off.

The stands behind the goals hold 3369. People in the South were being asked to move to the Main Stand.

Yeah but according to radion Scotland last night the delay was cos your turnstiles weren't working properly!