Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Oh my God!!!!!

What a game! Could hve ended up 11-6.Thier defence is absolutely shite,Scott Wilson a nightmare waiting to happen & tonight it did!
All round team performance superb!

Re: Oh my God!!!!!

You seen how much it meant to the players when we scored.At one point Jon Smart was going ballistic! even kissing Dodds after he made a crucial save.
Everyones attitude was spot on and the fans played a big part in that.
I honestly cannot remember when at half time everyone was going around with a grin,trying not to get too excited.
Very confident we can score on Saturday.2 buses
going down,means the team will have a good backing.
Proud as fcuk tonight.

Tremendous team performance with no failures.
O'Reilly was out of this world and ran their defence ragged. Young was tremendous once again, Dodds pulled off some fantastic stops & Gibson had by far his most effective game for us.
Stranraers goal came after a blatant foul on Lloyd Young which for some reason the ref didn't seem to see.
Stranraer always looked dangerous coming forward but we also came very close to adding quite a few more.
Great attitude by all.

What a performance tonight. Dods had a few tremendous catches, Big J was awesome and won everything, Lloyd hussled and passed well in midfield, Jabba would have made Soccer AM's showboat with his clearance in the first half and O'Reilly was lethal. I would have taken 1-0 before the match, but 4-1? Yee ha.
BTW whats the story with away goals in the play off's, they don't count double do they?
Roll on Saturday

Brilliant all round performance with no failures. O'Reilly took his goals brilliantly. A number of teams are interested in signing him and after the hat trick tonight no doubt Dundee will be looking for another couple of grand for him. Come on Willie, get him signed !!!!!
Thought Doddsy was excellent tonight and made a couple of crucial saves. Gibby had his best game in an East Fife jersey and Young and Jabba did well in the middle of the park.
Can see Saturday being another bombardment with crosses into the box and Greg and Smarty wil have to be at the top of their game again.
Have to say we looked so up for the game tonight compared top some of the games this season. Another 3 battling performances like tonight still required !!
C'mon the Fife !!!!

SUPERB ATTITUDE FROM ALL THE PLAYERS ESPECCIALLY JONOTHAN SMART AND O'RIELLY. JABBA ANOTHER TREMENDOUS PERFORMANCE FROM THE MEN IN BLZCK AND GOLD JUST CANT WAIT UNTIL WE BEAT THOSE SCUMMY STRANRAER 5-1 AT STARE PARK. WELL DONE GUYS.

Gree.

What can I add to what's already been said?
Superb performance from Craig O'Reilly, obviously, but special mention to Graham Gibson, who is now proving he's overcoming his earlier confidence problem.
John Dodds was immense, from what I could see from my vantage point at the other end of the park (my telephoto lens is currently out of use awaiting repair: that's why I only appear to have a 'little one' these days, Laim! ). With my impaired vision, Jon Smart and Greig McDonald also appeared to have a tremendous game at the back (as well as when they came forward). Who have I forgetten to mention? Lloyd Young was unlucky to hit the bar late in the game, ..... EVERYONE was immense tonight. Well done.

Brilliant performance by every player wearin black and gold tonight and would just like to praise everyone of yous for your performance tonight.John Dodds is looking as if he is that confident goalkeeper we signed 3 seasons ago,he was great tonight with a crucial save at 0-0,3-0 and a parry away at 4-1.Whole defence was great special mention to Greig McDonald and Johnny Smart who won near enough everything in the air against a good striker in Michael Moore,Good performances by the full backs Elliot Smith and Kevin McBride who defended well and supported Gibson and Hampshire well going forward.Graham Gibson was outstanding today shame he hasnt played like that since he came and his best performance since joinin.Wasnt too sure when i heard Hampshire was startin but credit to him he had a good game aswell,well done Paul.Llyod Young was brilliant once again,Jabba had a good game once again.Paul Ritchie did well in the air and stranraer struggled to handle him in the air and Craig O`Reilly well what can i say?Just brilliant,keep it up Craig and lets get this boy signed up for the next few years.
Keep it up lads,we can do it!!!!

Come on the Fife!
Lets finish the job on Saturday.

Noticed Billy Stark was there tonight,what must he be thinking after watchin us play like that?

Billy Stark was in front of us tonight and Jim Moffat was there too...not sure why cos on that performance we won't be meeting either next season.

Well done guys, fanatstic performance. I only expected more East Fife goals after 3-0 but more than satisfied with 4-1.

O'Reilly was superb and Dodds was too.

Liam's point about Scott Wilson is priceless. I had forgotten his one-two off himself to give us a corner when there was not a Black and Gold jersey in sight, was worth the £9 alone.

Need to get right into his mince in the return game. He is just back from suspension and looks widden enough to bite on anything that will be thrown his way. Here's hoping he is another bombscare Willie McCulloch.

Other things that made the £9 worth it, was Jabba's clearance. Had that been a Brazilian, we would be watching that for years to come. SoccerAM would have to extend their programme to show all the megs that Craig O'Reilly did as well.

Was so gutted at having to miss this last night.

It was torture listening to radio scotland as every time they said "and over to New Bayview" I was bricking it, but ended up dancing around my hotel room like an eejit when it went to 4-0