Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Were You At The Game, Caller

How about this quote from the match report on the Stranraer website...

(Referring to Stranraer)..."The play from the team was ok as they tried to play football but we just had no answer to the direct bombardment that the home side threw at us."

Eh

Re: Were You At The Game, Caller

After the game last night I put radio Scotland on for the other scores and heard the pundits state that Stranraer are not out of it as East Fife play an "ugly" game i.e. direct. bet those twats have not seen us play recently. I thought we put some good passing moves together last night and followed on nicely from the football played at Arbroath. Feckin eejits

Cannot believe some of the absolute tosh that has been written by Stranraer supporters on this & their own website!!
Their official site says we bombarded them with high balls all night! Pots & kettles!! Stranraers tactics involved solely them launching high balls at Michael Moore! Their problem was that J Smart played moore brilliantly & it was one of the highlights of the game watching their tussles.
Time after time we cut them open by running at them & with some neat passing, Lloyd Young was immense in midfield & when he was on the ball Stranraer couldn't handle him.
Personally I don't think the tie is finished yet, if they get a quick goal & we panic anything can happen but if you had told me before kick off that we'd have a 3 goal lead I'd never have believed you!
I do think we'll score though & that would probably be enough to kill the tie! We've scored 8 goals in our last 2 away games so that bodes well.
Can't make the return as I'm at a wedding so it'll be a nervy afternoon waiting on text updates!

The Stranraer website boy is on drugs. Here's another cutting from the match report;

They then countered repeatedly with long balls forward in a none too pretty yet effective style of attack which caused the off colour Stranraer defence many problems. On 43 minutes the home side extended their lead when they launched a long free kick into the box, the ball fell to Craig O'Reilly who then beat three defenders and struck the ball into the net to the dismay of the 100 or so travelling fans.

That must be a typo. 100 fans! More like 10.